View Full Version : Swiss Army Slideshow "Smooth Fade Time" Help

03-15-2011, 05:24 AM
Hello Everyone,

First off my apologies if this post has ended up in the wrong section as I am new to coding and script and am a first time poster who has searched the site for the answer but haven't found what I was looking for.

I currently have the Swiss Army Image Slideshow script on my website and am looking at prolonging the fade time without making it choppy. My web guy has insisted that it cannot be done with the current script however I was wondering if someone here can help me out since this is the place the original script has come from according to the index.php file. My web guy did slow it downb but it got very choppy.

I am looking for a slideshow exactly like this one here: www.hivemodern.com It is very smooth and the transitions are perfect but I have not been able to find the correct way to achieve this.

If it is not achievable with the Swiss Army slideshow I was hoping someone could recommend one that does have this type of fade.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you for your time!

My current coding is as follows:

var slides3=[]; //THIRD SLIDESHOW - EDIT HERE
//configure the below images and descriptions to your own, note optional links, target and window specifications.
slides3[0] = ["/images/index/index1.jpg", "", "/new"];
slides3[1] = ["/images/index/index2.jpg", "", "/category/nature_collection/c2"];
slides3[2] = ["/images/index/index3.jpg", "", "/"];
slides3[3] = ["/images/index/index4.jpg", "", "/"];
slides3[4] = ["/images/index/index5.jpg", "", "/"];
slides3[5] = ["/images/index/index6.jpg", "", "/"];
slides3[6] = ["/images/index/index7.jpg", "", "/"];
slides3[7] = ["/images/index/index8.jpg", "", "/"];
slides3[8] = ["/images/index/index9.jpg", "", "/"];
slides3[9] = ["/images/index/index10.jpg", "", "/"];
//optional properties for these images:
slides3.no_descriptions=1; //use for no descriptions displayed
slides3.pause=0; //use for pause onmouseover
slides3.image_controls=1; //use images for controls
slides3.button_highlight='#cccccc'; //onmouseover background-color for image buttons (requires image_controls=1)
slides3.random=1; //set a random slide sequence on each page load
slides3.manual_start=0; //start show in manual mode (stopped)
slides3.delay=8000; //will set miliseconds delay between slides for a given show, may also be set in the call as the last parameter

//slides#.target will set a target for a slide group, will be overridden by slides#[#][3], if present
//slides#.specs will set new window specifications for a slide group, will be overridden by slides#[#][4], if present
//slides#.fadecolor will set fading images background color, defaults to white
//slides#.no_controls will set a slide show with no controls
//slides#.random will set a random slide sequence on each page load
//slides#.jumpto=1 will display added controls to jump to a particular image by its number
//slides#.no_added_linebreaks=1; use for no added line breaks in formatting of texts and controls

//use below to create a customized onclick event for linked images in a given show:
//slides#.onclick="window.open(this.href,this.target,'top=0, left=0, width='+screen.availWidth+', height='+screen.availHeight);return false;"

<script src="/swissarmy.js" type="text/javascript">

03-15-2011, 02:17 PM
The page at hivemodern.com uses Cycle:

For information on editing Swiss Army for transition speed, see:

03-15-2011, 04:27 PM
Thanks so much John! :)