PDA

View Full Version : Cmotion gallery - can you disable url border?

mattparish
03-14-2011, 01:55 PM
1) Script Title: CMotion Gallery

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex4/cmotiongallery.htm

3) Describe problem: I would like to remove the thin gray border that appears when you rollover a url link on an image. Setting the border to "0" does not seem to work. Any tips would be appreciated.

thanks
matt

Beverleyh
03-14-2011, 02:27 PM
That just appears to be the standard highlight to indicate a link - some CSS rules should fix it;

Try this;

<style type="text/css">
motioncontainer a { border:none; }
</style>

mattparish
03-14-2011, 05:34 PM
Thanks for the speedy reply. Tried the code but it doesn't seem to work within the Gallery. Usually the link border is a thicker blue, this is a very thin grey border...

Beverleyh
03-15-2011, 09:33 AM
There is a thin grey border around the images on the demo but that appears to be part of the images themselves.

You'll need to post a link to your page because I dont really know what else you're referring to.

mattparish
03-15-2011, 09:48 AM
I have had a look at the demo's image and it doesn't have the border so it is definitely something that is being added by the code. Here is a link to the page I am constructing (http://www.clockhousedesign.co.uk/travelplaces/index.html) I am using Cmotion at the bottom of the page to display various logos which are transparent png files. Obviously the ones with out the grey border do not have a url link.
Once again appreciate your help!

mattparish
03-15-2011, 04:30 PM
I have figured this out now. The thin grey border was being specified in the gallerystyle.css in the following code:

#motioncontainer a img {
border: 0; /* Set image border color */
}

#motioncontainer a:hover img {
border: 0; /* Set image border hover color */
}

#statusdiv {
background-color: lightyellow;
border: 0;
padding: 2px;
position: absolute; /* Stop Editing Gallery Styles */
left: -300px;
visibility: hidden;
}

I set the border in all three to 0; and this did the trick. Thanks for your help though Beverleyh.