PDA

View Full Version : Pages shifting with slideshow

ma-chino
03-07-2011, 05:26 PM
1) Script Title: Swiss Army Slide Show

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamici...army/index.htm

3) Describe problem: I have designed a website around the swiss army slide show and it is working very well. However, I just notice that when I select a specific project from the project gallery the page shifts a little to the left. As soon as I select the project gallery it goes back to the default position. I have determined that it is something to do with the format of the slideshow on these pages. I have taken a look at the code and I cannot see what is causing it to shift. To see the problem please go to www.rothandmoore.com select Higher Education and them select on any of the projects shown. As soon as you do you will see the shift. Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Manuel:o

ma-chino
03-07-2011, 07:06 PM
Hi All-

It appears that the shifting only happens in the Firefox and Safari browsers. I opened the site in IE8 and it works fine. Thanks.

Manuel

ma-chino
03-08-2011, 04:04 AM
Hi All-

It seems that I am getting a better understanding of the problem. It turns out that when I use IE8, it places a scrollbar on the right side whether I need it or not. In Firefox and Safari it shows scrollbar only when I need them. For some reason the content on project specific pages is triggering the scrollbars to show which causes the image to shift. Is there a way that I can make the scrollbars in Firefox and in Safari act in the same way as IE? Thanks.

Manuel

azoomer
03-08-2011, 09:35 PM
Maybe it would help if you gave the body a height. For example 100%. That seems to work in firefox, not sure about safari though.

<body bgcolor="#f6f6f6" style="margin-top: 20px; height: 100%;">