PDA

View Full Version : Need help regarding jquery form to formwizard script

mona87
02-25-2011, 04:59 PM
1) Script Title: jquery Form to formwizard

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex16/formwizard_suppliment.htm

3) Describe problem: I want to change the alertbox method of validation provided in the script and customize it to some stylish validation method. How do i do this?

ddadmin
02-25-2011, 11:14 PM
It really depends on how you wish to go about the validation. The general steps are to first disable the automatic validation feature, by removing the validate option from your initialization code, then use the onpagechangestart() (http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex16/formwizard_suppliment.htm) event handler to code your own validation behavior. Using the example on the supplementary page, the following example checks each page's INPUT type="text" and TEXTAREA elements within the form wizard's form to ensure they aren't blank before letting the user proceed on to the next page:

var myform=new formtowizard({
formid: 'feedbackform',
persistsection: true,
revealfx: ['slide', 500],
onpagechangestart:function($, i, $fieldset){
var validated=true
var $els=$fieldset.find('input[type="text"], textarea') //get textbox and textarea elements
$els.each(function(){ //loop thru these elements
if ($(this).val()==""){ //if element is empty
alert("Please fill out the field "+$(this).attr('id'))
$(this).focus()
validated=false
return false //break out of each() loop
}
})
return validated //if this variable returns false, user is prevented from going on to next form page
}
})

As far as substituting the above with something more comprehensive, again, it really depends on the validation script you have lined up for this, and integrating it through the onpagechangestart() event handler.

Yaresh
08-04-2011, 09:34 PM
It really depends on how you wish to go about the validation. The general steps are to first disable the automatic validation feature, by removing the validate option from your initialization code, then use the onpagechangestart() (http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex16/formwizard_suppliment.htm) event handler to code your own validation behavior. Using the example on the supplementary page, the following example checks each page's INPUT type="text" and TEXTAREA elements within the form wizard's form to ensure they aren't blank before letting the user proceed on to the next page:

formid: 'feedbackform',
persistsection: true,
revealfx: ['slide', 500],
var validated=true
var $els=$fieldset.find('input[type="text"], textarea') //get textbox and textarea elements
alert("Please fill out the field "+$(this).attr('id'))
$(this).focus()
validated=false
}
})
return validated //if this variable returns false, user is prevented from going on to next form page
}
})

As far as substituting the above with something more comprehensive, again, it really depends on the validation script you have lined up for this, and integrating it through the onpagechangestart() event handler.
OK here is what I have done:
add a div to each section, give div id 0,1 ect
Then...

formid: 'genform',
persistsection: false,
revealfx: ['fade', 3000], //<--no comma after last setting

var validated=true
var $els=$fieldset.find('input[type="text"], textarea, select') //get textbox and textarea elements
// choose err div on right page ( i)
var errdiv = "#"+i
//get the label text (label must be before field in html)
var errmsg="Please check the " +$(this).prev("label").text()+" field";
$(errdiv).html(errmsg)

$(this).focus()
validated=false
}
})

Works for me.
Yaresh