PDA

View Full Version : Drop-in content box not staying in place

vlane95678
02-10-2011, 12:46 AM
1) Script Title: Drop-in content box

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex17/dropinbox.htm

3) Describe problem: We have put this into our website, however when you view it in IE8 on a latop (wider screen than my desktop) the box moves to another position, so it is like it is not staying where I have coded it to land. The problem is that when viewed on a laptop it covers up the logo and other important information.

The position is set to absolute which should be right.

Does anyone have a work around for this problem?

ddadmin
02-10-2011, 11:46 PM
Please post a link to the page on your site that contains the problematic script so we can check it out.

vlane95678
02-10-2011, 11:50 PM
Is there a way to do this without giving a link to the live site? It has confidential info and ideas. Maybe we can post the php code?

djr33
02-11-2011, 12:22 AM
You can post the source code here. However, it may not be as easy (or fast) to find the problem. I understand confidentiality, but you are asking for help, so please help us help you.

If you find a particular user who seems able to answer the question and has the time and interest in this question, then you could of course provide them with a link privately, but this is not very effective because often they must see the page to know whether they can help.

Additionally, if you'd like to post a temporary link you may, and you can ask a moderator to remove it after the question has been answered. (It may be indexed temporarily by search engines, and those indexes may last for some time after it is deleted, but not forever.)

If none of these options work for you, then I suggest duplicating your page/site and removing all content and replacing it with fake content. I don't know if that much effort is worthwhile to you, but you're welcome to use dummy content when posting an example.

vlane95678
03-16-2011, 05:29 PM
Nevermind. We used a different script because we couldn't get any help with this one. Thanks for looking.