PDA

View Full Version : smooth navigational menu, can it drop up instead of down?

lankeeyankee
02-09-2011, 12:44 AM
1) Script Title: smooth navigation menu 1.5

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex1/ddsmoothmenu.htm

3) Describe problem: would like to reposition flyout menus so they stay "above the fold" when in vertical mode.

I have search through the posts and couldn't find anything related to my question.

Is there a way to have the flyout submenus reposition themselves in relation to the bottom of the screen? When a parent category is near the bottom of the screen the submenus always drop down and if there are a lot of submenu items it will drop "below the fold". Can the submenus "drop up" instead of drop down, and if so can it be done intelligently so it will basically keep the menu always on the page, dropping down or up accordingly?

Thanks! And thanks for the fantastic scripts and support!

ddadmin
02-09-2011, 04:37 PM
Sure thing, try the below modified .js file, which should reposition the sub menus when it's too close to the bottom edge of the window in vertical mode.

lankeeyankee
02-11-2011, 12:31 AM
Thanks so much for the fast reply and fix! I tried out the new script and it does "drop up" when it's too close to the bottom. But unfortunately, if the submenu is too long it goes up past the top of the page and is inaccessible since you can't scroll up beyond the top of the page. Is there a way to take into account the length of the submenu to determine if it drops up or down?

Thanks again!

ddadmin
02-13-2011, 07:50 AM
If both dropping down nor up obscures the sub menu due to the height of the sub menu plus that of the browser window, the 3rd option is to position the sub menu at the very top of the browser viewpoint. Try the below modified .js file, which adds to the previous one in doing that.

lankeeyankee
02-13-2011, 03:45 PM
That is excellent and it works like a charm!! Thank you so much! Is there a place to make a donation? I recommend adding this to the script permanently and perhaps making it a config option to enable/disable where you set the transition settings.

ocpxc02
10-01-2013, 02:20 PM
Sure thing, try the below modified .js file, which should reposition the sub menus when it's too close to the bottom edge of the window in vertical mode.
Hello -
I am attempting to solve the same problem. I see that you have posted a revised script that may be my solution. However, I am unable to locate the file in this post. I am assuming this is because the post is so old. If you could kindly repost this revision, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Paul

ocpxc02
10-01-2013, 02:39 PM
Hello -
I am attempting to solve the same problem. I see that you have posted a revised script that may be my solution. However, I am unable to locate the file in this post. I am assuming this is because the post is so old. If you could kindly repost this revision, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Paul

Please disregard. I see that this feature has been put in a newer version. Sorry for any inconvenience.

Paul