PDA

View Full Version : Thumbnailviewer2 - Apostrophes in Titles and onclick error

sabreur
02-07-2011, 05:42 PM
1) Script Title: Thumbnailviewer2

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex4/thumbnail2.htm

3) Describe problem: I have been using TNV2 for a couple of years and have just upgraded to the latest version because of I hoped the problem I was having displaying image titles containing apostrophes would be fixed. However, it seems not, it is worse and I have another, potentially bigger, problem

I am using the script on a php5 page and calling the script within an echo command. The script data comes from a mySQL database.

The old script would truncate a title containing an apostrophe. escaping and stripslashes etc had no effect.

With the new script, if the image title contains an apostrophe, the image wil not load, you just get the spinningred.gif.

The other issue is that, in mouseover mode, if you click on a thumbnai,l it opens a new page and displays the full size image. In onclick mode, it only displays the image in a new page not the loadarea.

Anybody else seen this and got a workaround?

sabreur
02-08-2011, 11:55 AM
Oops, I should have searched more diligently for a solution!

jscheuer1 posted a fix some time back.

The mouse click problem can be fixed by adding "onclick='return false'~ to the "a href"
tag.

There is a workaround for the apsotrophe problem - enter it in the db as "'" a bit clunky but it will work for me as the db is only updated by a csv import.

If I'd found this workaround I never have installed the new version of the script and I have missed the new features. I like the reveal. Can we expect a full Quantel style set of transitions in a future update?

Sorry for wasting everybodies time.