PDA

View Full Version : Ultimate Fade-in Slideshow Features

aschaevitz
01-31-2011, 12:50 AM
1) Script Title: Ultimate Fade-in Slideshow (2.4)

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex14/fadeinslideshow.htm

3) Describe problem: The current javascript places the image in the center of the space, has a background of black with the descriptive text in white. I would like the image to be aligned with the top (not center), the background to be white, with black text. Part of my intent is to make the images "taller" than necessary (with fill at the bottom) so the text doesn't overlap the image. I really can't see where this is defined in the code. I would love these parameters to be able to be set by myself (as the implementer). Is that possible?

Alan

ddadmin
02-01-2011, 05:48 AM
To top align the images relative to the container, try finding the below line inside the .js file:

$slideimage.css({marginTop: (imgdimensions[1]>0 && imgdimensions[1]<setting.dimensions[1])? setting.dimensions[1]/2-imgdimensions[1]/2 : 0})

and change it to just:

$slideimage.css({marginTop: 0})

To make the background white and text black, inside the .js file, first, try doing a search and replace to swap all instances of the word "black" with "white". Then, to make the text black, change the code in red below:

.eq(1).css({color:'white'}).html(setting.closebutton + setting.longestdesc).end() //"descpanelfg" div

to "black" instead.

aschaevitz
02-01-2011, 10:00 PM
Thank you. Those changes worked perfectly. I wonder if they should be set as variables at the top of the code so that users could set alignment, background color and text color to fit the design of their site. Just a thought.

Thanks again for the input.
Alan