PDA

View Full Version : Help in Coding Mobile Payment System

Larry195
01-29-2011, 11:12 AM
Hey Guys,
I'm working on a project where I create a mobile payment system which I learn is already gaining grounds in Asia and Europe.
This is supposed to be an alternative payment system for purchasing goods and transferring money using your mobile phone which will be primarily accessible though SMS/USSD and the WAP/GPRS/3G.
So my question is, what category of softwares do I have to learn to be able to do that? I'm thinking along the lines of database management (Microsoft SQL,) MYSQL) and web development (Dreamweaver).
Am I in the right direction or am I completely lost. Also how to I get to do the sms interactivity thing.
I'm hoping to finish this in a period of 1 yr 6 months. Obviously I'm not well versed in this field so any help will be greatly appreciated.

traq
01-29-2011, 02:52 PM
Obviously I'm not well versed in this field so any help will be greatly appreciated.

honestly, my advice is to set this project aside until you are "well-versed." (And that's not something that is likely to happen within a year and a half.) Money is not something you want to deal with if you aren't very confident in your approach and expertise.

Larry195
01-29-2011, 10:03 PM
ok traq i get your point, i should wait till i'm really sure what i'm doing. so my question is where do i begin?
i'm just looking for guidelines from more experienced people as to the direction i should head in so i don't waste time unnecessarily ie even if it takes way longer than the time frame i had initially planned for.

jscheuer1
01-29-2011, 11:02 PM
A year and a half seems more than a reasonable period of time. I however am not versed in the subject. You probably need to find a forum that deals with the subject, perhaps a European based one.

The best place to start would be a good (and I stress good, there are almost always a lot of bad tutorials on almost anything worth knowing about) tutorial, failing that, the docs. If you're having trouble finding either, I'd ask the webmaster of one or more sites that are actually doing this.

traq
01-30-2011, 01:21 AM
you're going to have to find a sms gateway for text functionality, as well. and perhaps I misunderstood - are you talking about a tool where you actually charge people's credit cards via sms? or just accepting payments, e.g., selling sms downloads using a third-party payment service?

sorry if my earlier post came off as "yelling," I didn't mean it that way. :)

Larry195
01-30-2011, 10:45 AM
i just found a video that shows pretty much what i have in mind (if you could take a look)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xi7W95XEFVA&feature=related