PDA

View Full Version : Help: How to disable unwanted ads dynamically?

lisa_dd
11-13-2005, 11:48 PM
Hi Friends.,
Recently I uploaded my personal home page through a free hosting server. The problem is their annoying ads were automatically embedded into my html pages (because of the free service).
My question:
Is there any possibility to zap those auto embed tags (typically with an img tag src) through script?

Any help is appreciable.

Thanks.,
Lisa

jscheuer1
11-14-2005, 05:56 AM
Help: How to disable unwanted ads dynamically?

Dynamically shell out a few bucks each month or dynamically find a free host with less obnoxious hosting requirements. Although there probably are ways to frustrate your host's intentions, they are even more likely required to be respected as part of the terms presented to you when you signed up. If you do disable the ads, you run the risk of having your site deleted and perhaps some other unpleasantness as well.

In any case, we are prohibited by the rules of this forum to offer help in such an endeavor unless it can be unequivocably shown that the host won't mind.

ddadmin
11-15-2005, 03:53 AM
Hi Lisa:
As John mentioned, regardless of whether the ads are annoying, you need to abide by their usage terms if you choose to host with them. They aren't forcing you to, and you're certainly welcome to look into paid hosting that don't have this problem.