PDA

View Full Version : Safari issues with accordion script

bobafitz
01-25-2011, 05:47 PM
Hi,

Can any one help me with an issue that the accordion menu is giving menu,

http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamici...enu-bullet.htm

I am using clickgo in the setup at the top and i am sure that i previously checked the site in safari and it was fine - in firefox it all works perfectly. the site is still being built but now it doesn't work properly in safari

http://www.wadmanlimited.co.uk/bestudioweb

The menu subheads close up again once the page has loaded. It's really frustrating me, but on some pages the menu will stay open. any help really appreciated.

Many thanks

ddadmin
01-25-2011, 07:54 PM
This might simply be a case of Safari navigating to the header link too quickly after it's expanded, not giving the script enough time to fully expand the header (and hence persist its state). To confirm whether or not this is the issue, inside the .js file of the script, try changing the value below to 500 instead:

setTimeout(function(){location=targetLink.href}, 500) //ignore link target, as window.open(targetLink, targetLink.target) doesn't work in FF if popup blocker enabled

bobafitz
01-26-2011, 09:32 AM
Hi, thanks for your response, this doesn't seem to have helped. The value is well below 500 but the menu still collapses. when the link loads.

ddadmin
01-26-2011, 10:05 PM
Did you try increasing the value to 500 or something larger even from the default 200? One theory I'm going at is whether the current short time between the menu expanding and navigating to the destination page is the issue here...

bobafitz
01-27-2011, 10:00 AM
Hi,

Yeah sorry i re-read your post and did indeed try increasing that value to 500, and above, but unfortunately that has not solved the problem...

bobafitz
01-27-2011, 02:20 PM
Hi,

I have narrowed the source of the problem down to the persist state setting for second level headers.

When 'true' is set for persist state of 2nd level header, this causes the menu to collapse when the page is loaded. If this value is 'false' pages load and menu stays open. BUT this means the second level headers will not persist state which is not ideal.

is there anyway to fix this so that 2nd level headers can persist state without causing the menu to collapse?

Thanks