PDA

View Full Version : Lightbox 2.4 next previous buttons to show up

theillustrator
01-19-2011, 08:21 AM
I was looking for a solution on the Lightbox 2.4 "next" and "previous" labels/images not showing up in the actul lightbox, when you like to go back and forth looking at images in the lightbox.

I should have got it myself right away but being tired my brain just forgot. Then I found a thread and a question via google where back in 2007 someone asked just this questio (http://www.dynamicdrive.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25596)n. He did get an answer but not really in detail. The people answering withhold the name of the file to change and how and so on. What I useally call "The obvious". Which is common sadly among tech wiz kids ;-)

Okidoki, here goes.

To get the images next / previous to show up, you first look for which folder you have all your lightbox images. Meaning the image folder only regarding the lightbox itself. Not the photos of your vacation that is. Its very common to get this error when you rename the folder you place the script and images in, and the folder where the lightbox folders are in. It is therefore easy to forget to chaneg the name/location of the image folders.

When you have done that you go to the CSS file called "lightbox.css"
In thisfileyou look for where it says "images"

#prevLink:hover, #prevLink:visited:hover { background: url(../images/prevlabel.gif) left 15% no-repeat; }
#nextLink:hover, #nextLink:visited:hover { background: url(../images/nextlabel.gif) right 15% no-repeat; }

Change the name images tothename of your lightbox script image folder.
Click "ok" and upload to your webserver.

You always look for the location (folder) of your images and see to that you have the same name.

DonnaSunshine
02-08-2011, 06:29 PM
Hi

I have tried everything, but still cant view the next and prev images in the image viewer. I have checked all the links and paths to the images (prevlabel & nextlabel) many times, but still no luck.

What am I doing wrong? i have checked all my files lightbox js, lightbox css, all my folders, but still no luck. it does show the close label.

thank you
Donna

tourdottk
04-04-2011, 10:00 PM
I don't know if you've solved this already, but I had the same problem. In the end if was the path to the image folder, that said IMAGES instead of images... As soon as I changed that, it all worked :)

peanutville
10-10-2011, 05:15 PM
I have never managed to get the prev & next images to work despite triple checking everything :-(

jscheuer1
10-11-2011, 06:40 AM
Please post a link to a page on your site that contains the problematic code so we can check it out.