PDA

View Full Version : Pausing up-down message scroller Firefox issue



percival
11-04-2004, 07:58 PM
The DHTML script located at http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex2/crosstick.htm
does not work in Firefox. It cycles through to the second message and then freezes.

Has anyone else experienced this problem?

Is there a fix?

cr3ative
11-05-2004, 12:35 PM
Which FF version are you using?

Seems fine for me :)

cr3ative

ddadmin
11-05-2004, 06:45 PM
It should work in all recent versions of Firefox, if not earlier as well. If you have a link to the problematic page, please provide that.

kewl_dude_14
11-08-2004, 09:08 PM
The script mentioned above behaves the same with Mozilla 1.6. Only 2 messages on the scroll show up and rest freeze. I tried to open this page http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex2/crosstick.htm, in mozilla browser and it works perfect. I have checked the code it is exactly same.
Can any body help what could be the problem?
P.S. It works perfect in I.E.

Kestrel
11-29-2004, 02:43 PM
I have the same problem - see http://www.procustomer.co.uk/test_scroller.asp which isolates the problem in a simple page

It shows message [0], then message [1] which are fine, it skips message [2], and the freezes while displaying the last line of message [3]. Same problem with NS7.

How does one report a bug to DynamicDrive - I can't find the appropriate email to write to?

chinchilla2
12-04-2004, 07:05 PM
ddadmin,

They're right, it's working fine on Dynamic's page, but not so hot anywhere else. I set the script up in a blank page so I could play with it in Firefox and what it's doing is running the first message, then it pops up the last line of the 3rd one at the top just as the second message begins it's scroll. Once it scrolls off the top, the last line of the 5th message pops up at the top and the fourth never appears.

Now why it works in one place but not in another, is completely beyond me.

Kestrel
12-04-2004, 08:31 PM
I got so frustrated with this, that I taught myself JavaScript to find out what's going on. While I don't fully understand it, I amazed myself by tracking down the problem.

The mistake occurs in two places. Once in the function "move3" and once in the function "move4".

In move3 the line "tdiv.style.top=parseInt(scrollerheight)" should read
"tdiv.style.top=parseInt(scrollerheight)+"px". The corresponding line in move4 needs the same change.

I have no idea how it works in other browsers. I only have IE and Netscape and Firefox.