PDA

View Full Version : Ultimate Fade In Slide Show - Description time?

duska
01-11-2011, 12:29 AM
1) Script Title:
Ultimate Fade In Slideshow v2.4

2) Script URL (on DD):
http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamici...nslideshow.htm

3) Describe problem:

Hi All,
Firstly, I really dont know what Im talking about so go easy on me.

This scrip is just what I am looking for but, I would like the description(peekaboo) to be on screen for longer before it disappears off the bottom. (There will be more than one line of text to read)

I have searched around here and looked in the code to see If I can tweek anything but, to be honest......... it may as well be written in Greek. I have limited knowledge of html and thats it.

I'm just a humble Carpenter trying to do my website so any help on this issue would be much appreciated.

Thanks for the script by the way.

Regards, Duska.

djr33
01-11-2011, 12:49 AM
The link in your post was broken, so here's a link for anyone else who might be able to help:
http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex14/fadeinslideshow.htm

Find this line of code:

displaymode: {type:'auto', pause:2500, cycles:0, wraparound:false},
If you change the pause to a longer time (currently 2.5 seconds) does that fix the problem?

cindylou
01-11-2011, 08:56 AM
hi dj....

i've tried using the script and changed the time and it worked...i do hope nothing will change if i test this on other browsers..i'm currently using firefox and chrome..

duska
01-11-2011, 01:20 PM
Hi djr,

Thanks for the reply.

Yes, I did try this before (changing the pause to a higher value) It does effect the duration of the description but also the image.

I would like this to be independant of the of the image, eg...........Image and description appear, after say 4 seconds the description scrolls away but the image stays viewable for another 4 seconds.

At the moment, the description scrolls off the bottom then, almost immediately the image fades. Not really giving the viewer time to view the full image.

Cheers, Duska.

djr33
01-13-2011, 06:59 AM
That's just how this works. If you made it run longer it would overlap with the next image and that description would be shorter. Longer images means longer descriptions; shorter means shorter.
If you want to change it to display the description over the fade as well, that would involve reprogramming the script in a fairly significant way. It might be simple, but I haven't investigated what would actually need to be changed.