PDA

View Full Version : Ultimate Fade-in slideshow (v2.4)

The General
01-10-2011, 04:34 PM
HI I am using the (Ultimate Fade-in slideshow (v2.4) script which works great by the way but I am also using Shadowbox on the same page and I cannot for the life of me work out how to make the shadowbox appear above the slide show. I have tried usinf z-index but it dosen't work has anyone any ideas. Thanks in advance

jscheuer1
01-10-2011, 05:50 PM
You need to add 1001 to the z-index values for all styles in the shadowbox css file that have z-index.

That should do it, but unless I see the page, I cannot say for sure.

If you want more help:

Please post a link to a page on your site that contains the problematic code so we can check it out.

The General
01-11-2011, 09:41 AM
Thanks for the reply I tried that but no joy the site is not live yet but I have uploaded a page so you can see to activate the problem click on the Canopy styles text click here to go to page (http://www.imageworksltd.com/clients/canopiesuk/)

cindylou
01-11-2011, 09:48 AM
it's kind of overlapping the pictures on the main page right?..and another thing is, it takes a minute to load or just several seconds though but it's like there's a delay on it..maybe the file size it too large?...

jscheuer1
01-11-2011, 01:25 PM
Thanks for the reply I tried that but no joy

Works here. Just open up the skin.css file and change the highlighted as shown:

#shadowbox_container {
position: fixed;
display: block;
visibility: hidden;
z-index: 2000;
text-align: center; /* centers #shadowbox in quirks and IE */
}

Perhaps you misunderstood me. I said increase by 1001. It was 999, so that makes 2000. Actually, you can probably get away with z-index: 1002;

Another thing that may have been confusing is that I said to open up the shadowbox css file. I see in your demo that it's actually called skin.css. So you may have been looking at the wrong file.

The General
01-12-2011, 11:45 AM
Thanks John it works with IE (unbelievably) but not with Firefox both mac and PC and Chrome sort of any other ideas

jscheuer1
01-12-2011, 04:54 PM
I tested in Firefox Web Developer 1.1.9, so it should work in Firefox. It should really work in any browser. You've not updated the demo though, so it would be difficult for me to test.

Perhaps the browsers that you're having problems with are using an older cached copy of the skin.css file or are having some other problems with the code.

To test the former, close all tabs that reference skin.css, clear the cache, close all instances of the browser. Open the browser, go to your page with the updated skin.css, refresh the page. Then try it out to see if the change has taken effect.

If you want more help, please update the demo.

The General
01-13-2011, 01:11 PM
Tried all that before i replied, so decided to do it another way thank you anyway