PDA

View Full Version : MouseOver Not Working in Firefox

luke6843
01-07-2011, 02:21 AM
I am using Fireworks creating a series of mouseover buttons overlayed on a couple of images and then inserting it into Dreamweaver as a Fireworks HTML image. The buttons look and work great in IE8, Chrome and Safari, but fail in Firefox and Opera. I believe this is a Java Script issue because when I insert the file into Dreamweaver it creates some Java Script code. I am a learn as I go kind of guy and struggling to figure this one out with a very limited knowledge of Java Script. The web site page is below. I would appreciate any help or suggestions.

www.fxaddicts.com

Thanks
Luke

jscheuer1
01-07-2011, 04:01 AM
Look and act the same for me in Chrome and Firefox, could you be more specific?

luke6843
01-07-2011, 04:10 AM
John,

Thanks, but on the couple of computers I have here, only hte top row of buttons works. The second row and the third row do not.

Tim

jscheuer1
01-07-2011, 05:21 AM
Missed that, was just looking quickly. I don't think you had mentioned that some worked. If you did, I apologize.

The problem is that other stuff is covering them so they don't receive a mouseover event.

I'm not sure why, but in Firefox at least add this highlighted bit (to the background_style.css file around line #84):

#header {
width: 1100px;
height: 150px;
margin: 0 auto;
text-transform: lowercase;
position: relative;
}

Hopefully that will fix Opera too.

luke6843
01-07-2011, 02:44 PM
John,

You are a genius! I blew the better part of this week trying to fix or work around this issue. Thank you very much. It works in Opera also.

Luke