PDA

View Full Version : Dynamic Ajax content

Nace
11-10-2005, 03:22 PM
Dynamic Ajax Content
http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex17/ajaxcontent.htm

Can somebody tell me how to set "charset=windows-1250" inside external pages? Inserted external pages through this script were converted to other charset.

Thx

Twey
11-10-2005, 07:58 PM
It ought to use the same charset as the rest of the page.

Nace
11-10-2005, 08:13 PM
I use "charset=UTF-8" and I converted all external pages to UTF-8. Now work!

Thx anyway.

Olisur
01-30-2006, 06:52 PM
Right, that is one solution but not the best. :(

The script should leave inctact the charset.

For me is not easy to change every external file to utf-8, imagine we want to use hundreds, even more because after changing the files to utf-8, it changes all the characters and is very difficult to handle with them when I want to modify some text in a normal editor.

My mother language is spanish, and is easier for me to understand and Write than á é * ó ú (i had never seen them and don't have any idea how to write them in my keyboard) and this is a silly and easy example... :confused:

For these reasons I think this ajax script should show the document charsets intacts like they originally are.

Twey
01-30-2006, 07:43 PM
The script should leave inctact the charset.
For these reasons I think this ajax script should show the document charsets intacts like they originally are.I'm sure it should, but I'm afraid that's just not possible. A <meta> tag, not the best of ideas anyway, needs to go in the head; this AJAX script won't necessarily be able to write to the head.