PDA

View Full Version : Ajax Includes Script use instead of iframe?

jaidai
11-09-2005, 08:09 PM
Is there a way to use the Ajax Includes Script so that if someone clicks a link, different pages show up in the designated area - like a iframe? I need to use something like an iframe, but don't want to use it because of seo reasons.

Thanks!

ddadmin
11-09-2005, 08:54 PM

Hmmm, unfortunately no, as the external content is dynamically and directly pasted to your page (similar to SSI), unlike an iframe.

FYI the Ajax script isn't SEO friendly as far as the included content being viewable by search engines. This is because that content as mentioned is dynamically added to the page using the DOM, and physically isn't there (if you view source, that content isn't there).

jaidai
11-09-2005, 09:00 PM
Thanks. Guess I will go back to the drawing board or figure a seo way of using a iframe.

jscheuer1
11-09-2005, 10:20 PM
One way to seo iframe content is to have invisible links on your page to the pages that can potentially be displayed in the iframe. For example:

<a href="some.htm" style="display:none;">This Link is actually a page that I sometimes put in an iframe</a>

or:

<a href="some.htm" style="text-decoration:none;"> </a>

Another way is to put normal visible code for these links inside the iframe tag's borders:

<iframe src="some.htm"><a href="some.htm">Link</a></iframe>

Browsers that show iframes don't show what is inside there but se's will see it and spider that page as a linked page.