PDA

View Full Version : Is bg music possible?

BLiZZaRD
11-09-2005, 09:21 AM
I am using css on my web ( a very basic css) basically to define padding and colors, and nothing more. But I do use the same background music when I am using a certain css.. In keeping with my ideal of having a very small very clean source code, is it possible to include the bgsound IN the css??

If so what would I do to put it there?

Thanks

Twey
11-09-2005, 12:30 PM
A good question, but one to which I'll have to answer, after some research: I don't think so.

Not that I recommend using background sound in web pages in the first place.

mwinter
11-09-2005, 02:57 PM
[...] is it possible to include the bgsound IN the css??No.

Mike

Wedgy
11-19-2005, 04:11 PM
Is is possible to get reliable background music using any combination of techniques,
and have it work across browsers?

Apparently when hell freezes over.

Twey
11-19-2005, 04:14 PM
<embed> works fine over most browsers.

CCR-XY-1001
11-24-2005, 01:11 AM
I'm not big on CSS or exactly what it is, but I've used the simple embed tags myself. However depending where you are trying to embed music you may need to use slightly differnt coding. I asked my buddy to do a search a while back so here is a good link I feel: http://www.thesitewizard.com/webdesign/backgroundmusic.shtml

I however, use ripway.com for a host now and run small midi files from it (free account). These files are easy on any remaining dial-up users and load instant for the most part and RIPWAY gives me codes automaticly that I can cut and paste for my files. Although the formentioned link will even inform you that music can get annoying to viewers, so they show you another option to make it easy on the viewers (click to play).

Twey
11-24-2005, 04:27 PM
Agreed: "click to play" is always a good idea.