PDA

View Full Version : JavaScript that saves HTML form to XML

usyd
12-27-2010, 05:57 AM
Hi,
I need a JavaScript code that saves HTML form's data and fields in a XML file for further processing in server.

Cheers

djr33
12-27-2010, 06:22 AM
Javascript cannot save files on the server. You can use AJAX to make a serverside language do this, but there's no real advantage if you're submitting a form anyway. Look into a serverside language like PHP or ASP.

usyd
12-27-2010, 10:22 AM
Javascript cannot save files on the server. You can use AJAX to make a serverside language do this, but there's no real advantage if you're submitting a form anyway. Look into a serverside language like PHP or ASP.

I wish to process that XML via a server side language so there is no problem with that. But I need a JavaScript or Ajax code by which I produce that XML file when user fills in the HTML form and presses submit button. Thanks for reply.

djr33
12-27-2010, 11:44 AM
It can produce XML formatted text, but it will not produce a file. Is that what you want?

usyd
12-28-2010, 10:26 PM
It can produce XML formatted text, but it will not produce a file. Is that what you want?

Hi,
Actually I was wrong and now got the point so for my purpose I can't use JavaScript at all. Thanks for your help.