PDA

View Full Version : Rich HTML Balloon Tooltip above links

lideys
12-23-2010, 03:17 AM
Hello,

I'm using Ballon tooltip like as:
http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex5/balloontooltip.htm

But, when I mouse over the link Ballon tooltip always appear bellow the link, increasing a unecessary scrollbar in my page.

How do I config to appear always above the link?
I tried to change:

var verticaloffset=0 //vertical offset of tooltip from anchor link, if any

But how ballons are different sizes, some appear on top above the link, others appear on middle of the link. So, it does not work how I expect, like an using the same margin-bottom to all links.

jscheuer1
12-23-2010, 03:44 AM
In what I type below I'm assuming that it would be OK with you if the tips continued to display to the left and below as long as they don't do so in situations where that causes the scrollbar problem. If that's not acceptable, just say so.

Depending upon your page layout (especially but not limited to where the script is installed), styles and DOCTYPE, generally the tip should always appear below and to the left. Except when that would cause a scrollbar or cause an existing scrollbar to extend. In cases like that the script is supposed to move the tip either to the top or the right, whichever or both would prevent the problem(s) with the scrollbar(s).

The part you mention:

var verticaloffset=0 //vertical offset of tooltip from anchor link, if any

is not for changing that, just for tweaking it a bit. It still primarily orients to the bottom left.

But, as I say, that depends on layout, styles and DOCTYPE. There could also be other factors. Most standards compliant DOCTYPES on pages that have the usual sorts of layouts and styles are fine.

If you want more help, please post a link to your page and tell us what we have to do to duplicate the problem.

lideys
12-23-2010, 04:07 AM
Thank you for help me!
As you said, I ajusted my template and Ballon Tooltip width to avoid a unecessary scrollbar.

Now it works perfectly!
Thank you again for your help and quickly reply!