PDA

View Full Version : Stop on Last Slide - Featured Content Slider v2.4

Chaz109
12-09-2010, 10:50 PM
1) Script Title: Featured Content Slider v2.4

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex17/featuredcontentslider.htm

3) Describe problem:

Hi,

Looking to get the above script to stop after just one (automatic) cycle of the DIVs. If we have 6 slides, I would like it to stop automatically advancing once the 6th slide has loaded.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

ddadmin
12-10-2010, 12:35 AM
Try the below modified .js file, which should cause the slider to always stop at the very last slide.

Chaz109
12-10-2010, 08:41 PM
Brilliant, thanks very much - works a treat.

cjallan
09-23-2014, 03:18 PM
Hi,
I know this is an old thread but figured it may be more desirable to reply as opposed to create a new thread on an old topic -- please advise otherwise.

I was looking for the same solution as the original post, but don't see the modified .js file mentioned in the resolution.

I appreciate the assistance.

jscheuer1
09-23-2014, 04:21 PM
The script has been updated since this. The previous modified file would no longer work as intended for the current version. Please start a new thread.

But just adding the highlighted as shown as the on page init's onChange function should do the trick:

<script type="text/javascript">

featuredcontentslider.init({
id: "slider1", //id of main slider DIV
contentsource: ["inline", ""], //Valid values: ["inline", ""] or ["ajax", "path_to_file"]
toc: "#increment", //Valid values: "#increment", "markup", ["label1", "label2", etc]
nextprev: ["Previous", "Next"], //labels for "prev" and "next" links. Set to "" to hide.
enablefade: [true, 0.2], //[true/false, fadedegree]
autorotate: [true, 3000], //[true/false, pausetime]
onChange: function(){
if(this.currentpage === this.contentdivs.length){
featuredcontentslider.cleartimer(this, window["fcsautorun"+this.id]);
}
}
})

</script>

Any questions, please feel free to start a new thread and refer back to this one.