PDA

View Full Version : DD- Source Code Encrypter

Jayne
11-07-2005, 01:36 AM
I just used this Script for only 1 page on my website, but didn't save the original HTML. Is there a way to undo this encrypter to get my original html back? :(

mwinter
11-07-2005, 02:05 AM
I just used this Script for only 1 page on my website, but didn't save the original HTML. Is there a way to undo this encrypter to get my original html back?Assuming you're using the 'encrypter' I think you are, then yes extremely easily (which is why source code encrypting is pointless).

If we assume that your current source looks like

<script type="text/javascript">
document.write(unescape("..."));
</script>
then alter it to:

<pre>
<script type="text/javascript">
var decode = unescape;

unescape = function(string) {
return decode(string).replace(/</g, '&lt;').replace(/>/g, '&gt;').replace(/\r\n|\r|\n/g, '<br>');
};

document.write(unescape("..."));

unescape = decode;
</script>
</pre>
This should display your markup exactly as it was when you wrote it. There are other ways to get the output back, and if you used the 'encrypter' multiple times, one of these might be more appropriate.

Mike

Jayne
11-07-2005, 10:50 AM
Thanks Mike. I'll give it a try.

erwinj
03-29-2006, 12:54 PM
Hi.

Just reading and of course testing Source Code Encrypter 1.0.
It works fine for me. I have only one problem. Most of my software is written in PHP.
Is there a version that works with PHP ? or/and can convert PHP sources?. Have modified several programs from HTML to PHP but in this program is to much Java for me.

Please help me, becouse I really like to have this baby working in and with PHP, the language I use for most of my site.

Kind regards
Erwinj

mwinter
03-29-2006, 02:17 PM
Just reading and of course testing Source Code Encrypter 1.0.
It works fine for me.So you're aware that it doesn't perform any sort of meaningful encryption then? I take it that you're also aware that it prevents users without client-side scripting support from viewing anything that has been run through it?

I have only one problem. Most of my software is written in PHP.And why do you think you need to 'encrypt' your PHP code? No-one can read it unless you distribute the files themselves, or they gain direct access to the filesystem of the server.

For professionals that do distribute closed-source PHP-based products, there is software that can be bought from Zend (http://www.zend.com/), who produce the engine upon which PHP is based. However, use means that customers also need to install extra (free) software that can process the output.

Mike

.alias.
03-29-2006, 02:34 PM
Yea the encrypter just uses javascript to write it instead of its normal characters, people make encrypers/decrypeters like this all the time and if you are using it for secruity purposes then i suggest not

Twey
03-29-2006, 02:48 PM
Why is this script still distributed by DD?

.alias.
03-29-2006, 02:52 PM
i dunno personally i think it is uslass and pointless

Twey
03-29-2006, 03:02 PM
It is worse than useless, as it encourages people to write JS-dependant websites. In fact, it's even worse than the "no right click" script, which at least has some uses when designing a complicated interface that might be disrupted by a context menu.

erwinj
03-29-2006, 03:46 PM
Hi.

Thanks for the quick replay. However it does not answer my question. My question was can somebody translate the Source Code Encrypter 1.0 from HTML to PHP ?.

I dont argue about use or useless. By the way answering your remarks sourcecode can also with PHP still seen via view.

Regards
Erwinj

Twey
03-29-2006, 03:52 PM
My question was can somebody translate the Source Code Encrypter 1.0 from HTML to PHP ?And our answer was that there's no need. PHP is not a replacement for HTML.
By the way answering your remarks sourcecode can also with PHP still seen via view.If you can see your PHP source when you look at the source of the page, PHP isn't working. Trust us.

mwinter
03-29-2006, 03:56 PM
Thanks for the quick replay. However it does not answer my question.It does. Sometimes an answer really should be, "Don't bother".

If you can see your PHP source when you look at the source of the page, PHP isn't working. Trust us.Though he could be confused with the output from PHP, in which case there's no 'special version' needed.

Mike