PDA

View Full Version : DD Dropdown Panel & IE

mksauce
11-29-2010, 11:42 PM
1) Script Title: DD Drop Down Panel

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex17/dddropdownpanel.htm

3) Describe problem:

Hello. I am trying to put together a site that uses 2 dd drop down panels. It works and looks great on Safari, Firefox, and Chrome, but for some reason it isn't functioning correctly on IE. The panels appear 'dropped down' when you open the page and will not close when you click on the tabs, instead it just flickers like maybe its trying, but they remain expanded. Is this a common problem? or did I screw something up somewhere?

http://www.jamieboyphotography.com

mksauce
12-04-2010, 10:49 PM
Is there anyone who could help me? I am still trying to figure this out. I don't understand why IE is the only one it's not working for...

college4sale
12-05-2010, 12:22 AM
I don't know for sure if this would do anything. I don't know code too well, but something you may want to take note of is that in your css script, there seams to be the tail of some thing... "-->" right above your "</style>"

I've had weird things happen when the syntax isn't correct.
maybe try deleting that "-->". I can't see that it is supposed to be there.

honestly I don't think that would fix it, but it's worth trying

ddadmin
12-06-2010, 01:31 AM
A couple of things you should do:

1) First, inside dddropdownpanel.js, you should add the code in red to the following code block:

//initialize instance of DD Drop Down Panel:

var defaultpanel=new ddpanel({
ids: ["mypanel", "mypanelcontent", "mypaneltab"], // id of main panel DIV, content DIV, and tab DIV
stateconfig: {initial: "0px", persiststate: true}, // initial: initial reveal amount in pixels (ie: 5px)
animate: {enabled: true, steps: 10}, //steps: number of animation steps. Int between 1-20. Smaller=faster.
pointerimage: {enabled: false, src: ["arrow-down.gif", "arrow-up.gif"]},
closepanelonclick: {enabled: true} // close panel when links or elements with CSS class="closepanel" within container is clicked on?
})

//initialize instance of DD Drop Down Panel:

var defaultpanel2=new ddpanel({
ids: ["mypanel02", "mypanelcontent02", "mypaneltab02"], // id of main panel DIV, content DIV, and tab DIV
stateconfig: {initial: "0px", persiststate: true}, // initial: initial reveal amount in pixels (ie: 5px)
animate: {enabled: true, steps: 10}, //steps: number of animation steps. Int between 1-20. Smaller=faster.
pointerimage: {enabled: false, src: ["arrow-down.gif", "arrow-up.gif"]},
closepanelonclick: {enabled: true} // close panel when links or elements with CSS class="closepanel" within container is clicked on?
})

In other words, the variable for the 2nd instance of your drop down panel should be unique compared to the first- so in this case, I renamed it to "defaultpanel2" instead.

2) Then, on your page, you should also remove the following code block, as it's redundant and in fact references a non existing file:

<script type="text/javascript" src="dddropdownpanel02.js">

/***********************************************
* DD Drop Down Panel- (c) Dynamic Drive DHTML code library (www.dynamicdrive.com)
* This notice MUST stay intact for legal use
* Visit Dynamic Drive at http://www.dynamicdrive.com/ for this script and 100s more
***********************************************/

</script>