PDA

View Full Version : HTML code to CSS?

anthemz
11-05-2005, 07:23 PM
i think the topic is correct, i just visit this site, i mean dynamicdrive.com, and i saw lots of beautiwonderful mouse cursors, and i really love it, but.. is there a way to put those code on CSS? cause i have tried it can't :( there write dont know what put <body>?? what was that! if im not wrong HTML thingy.. so i hope someone out there can help me with this...

Twey
11-06-2005, 10:38 AM
... eh?
You can apply it in CSS by using
cursor: url(path/to/cursor.cur);. Is this what you meant?

anthemz
12-12-2005, 03:21 PM
no.. i mean in CSS editor, it can't add HTML code like <body> or <head>, and now i want is can i add HTML code to CSS?

Twey
12-12-2005, 03:35 PM
You can't edit an HTML document tree "on-the-fly" using CSS. For this you would want Javascript.

anthemz
12-13-2005, 01:41 PM
err... sorry.. i think you didnt get what i mean.. here.. the easy way, and you can try it out..

http://www.friendster.com/

in this site, you can personalize your profile with CSS and share with millions of ppl around the world. after you registered, go to "my profile" --> "edit profile" or when you at your "home" page(in friendster after you logged in) click "edit profile", after "edit profile" then click "customize", and you will see 2 blank box at the page, err.. i dont know how to say after this.. try it and tell me :D

Twey
12-13-2005, 02:26 PM
Ah, I see. You're in a limited environment in which you can't use unrestricted HTML. I don't believe it's possible to use these scripts. You can apply mouse cursors with the code I've given above, applied to body:
body {
cursor: url(path/to/cursor.cur);
}but most of the scripts here require you to put things in a specific place in your page, which you can't do. Sorry.

anthemz
12-15-2005, 12:05 PM
ahh.. forget it.. anyway.. thx... :D