PDA

View Full Version : Sticky tooltip in a form

BackWooD
11-21-2010, 02:54 PM
1) Script Title: Sticky Tooltip script

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex5/stickytooltip.htm
(http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex5/stickytooltip.htm)3) Describe problem: Is it possible to use this script in a form?

This does'nt seem to work:

<select multiple="multiple" size="4" class=eerste_keuze name=eerste_keuze id=eerste_keuze>
<option value="van Velzen"><a href="#" data-tooltip="sticky1">van Velzen</a></option>
<option value="Golden Earring"><a href="#" data-tooltip="sticky2">Golden Earring</a></option>
<option value="Herman Brood"><a href="#" data-tooltip="sticky3">Herman Brood</a></option>
<option value="Jan Akkerman"><a href="#" data-tooltip="sticky4">Jan Akkerman</a></option>
</select>
When you hover over a name i would like to show a thumbnail of the face of the person.

Please help?! :o
If not how can i best get this done?

Thx in advance!

Nile
11-21-2010, 03:32 PM
Add the data-tooltip to the option tag:

<option data-tooltip="sticky1">Thailand</option>

Good luck!

BackWooD
11-21-2010, 03:59 PM
Thx for your help!!! But it does'nt work...

I tryed :

<select multiple="multiple" size="4" class=eerste_keuze name=eerste_keuze id=eerste_keuze>
<option data-tooltip="sticky1" value="van Velzen"><a href="#" data-tooltip="sticky1">van Velzen</a></option>
</select>And i tryed:

<option data-tooltip="sticky1" value="van Velzen">van Velzen</option>
</select>

This is driving me crazy :rolleyes:

Nile
11-21-2010, 04:37 PM
Make sure you have a div that looks like this:

<div id="mystickytooltip" class="stickytooltip">
<div style="padding:5px">

<div id="sticky1">
Sticky Tooptip 1 content here...
</div>

</div>
<div class="stickystatus"></div>
</div>

Please post a link to the page on your site that contains the problematic script so we can check it out.

BackWooD
11-21-2010, 05:01 PM
I dont have it online... sorry.

But the div's are in place.
When i use it in the html it works just fine, but in the form it does'nt!

Weird?!

Nile
11-21-2010, 05:02 PM
Please include your code so that we can take a look at it, we can't do much without it. When you do post your code remember to use [code] tags. That includes [ html ], [ code ], and [ php ].
What browser are you using?

BackWooD
11-21-2010, 05:22 PM
Browser IE 8

BackWooD
11-21-2010, 05:23 PM
In FF it works fine i see!!!!

BackWooD
11-21-2010, 05:24 PM
But how to get it good in ie then?

BackWooD
11-21-2010, 05:42 PM
Nile, really thanks a lot, but can you please help me further? why does'nt it work in IE?

Nile
11-21-2010, 06:08 PM
Please don't double post - I will help you as fast as I can. The onmosueover appears to not work in IE on an <option>. Nothing can really be done about that.

BackWooD
11-24-2010, 07:30 AM
Did'nt mean too... enthusiastic. But this don't work. I solved it. I tryed a differnet approach.
Thanks for the effort and help