PDA

View Full Version : a Cross Browser marquee question

meir
11-17-2010, 09:44 PM
Hi,

When i enter the html code of this link (Cross Browser marquee), http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex2/cmarquee.htm

,my web page show there is error with the symbol " { ".

It shows the next error:
" Error: Smarty error: [in customer/main/welcome-diam.tpl line 179]: syntax error: unidentified token '{' (Smarty_Compiler.class.php, line 1410) "

When i erased that symbol , the page came back to how it was before, with no changes.

Can i change this symbol for another one??? what does that symbol do???

Or, can anyone just send me the HTML code i need to put without this symbol.

Thanks

jscheuer1
11-18-2010, 03:50 AM
Sounds like you put the script somewhere it doesn't belong. It should be in the HTML body element (or one of its descendants), not in an area that's parsed by the server (Smarty or PHP).

Are you editing it directly into an existing page or trying to make it a part of a template or part of an include?

In any case, if the { character is a part of the marquee script, it must remain as it's needed for the javascript parser of the browser to interpret the script properly. If it's causing a Smarty error, perhaps it needs to be escaped or perhaps the marquee script is in the wrong place.

I'd never heard of Smarty before this. I looked it up and it appears to be a way to make PHP easier to use. Like anything of this sort though, things can get tricky at times.

But I may be over thinking this. If removing the { character makes the marquee work, then that's fine.