PDA

View Full Version : Help - Ultimate Fade-in slideshow (v2.4)

emmajanemc
11-17-2010, 09:44 PM
Hi Guys,

I'm totally new to this forum & a beginner when it comes to websites. i've done a few in the past and not had many problems, however, I am a little stumped with this one so would appreciate your help!! Here goes,

On a website I have recently built I have uploaded a fade in slideshow. I got the script for this from the great Dynamic Drive website (http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex14/fadeinslideshow.htm)

Everything seemed to be going perfectly and I was able to put this into my website & all my images are appearing here fine. You can view this page: http://www.athena-securities.com/index.html.

However, the problem seems to be that when one image fades into the other, the first image fades out ok, then the second image just jumps in, the third image fades in nicely, but the fourth again, just jumps and so on and so forth. It probably best if you view the site as I may not be explaining this correctly. I have tried changing the different options in relation to the settings, but nothing seems to work.

I have been asked to fix this but am totally at a loss and cannot figure out what the problem is.

I would really appreciate your help on this.

thanks in advance to all.

Emma:)

jscheuer1
11-18-2010, 12:54 AM
You've edited the fadeslideshow.js file and/or it has become corrupted. Get a fresh copy from the demo page and use it instead.

There's a fair amount else wrong with the page, but just that much will get things working properly again.

If you want to have the menu and its 'shadow' drop down over the slideshow, raise the menu's and its shadow's z-index values in its css file. Do not edit the fadeslideshow.js file, like (near the end of the ddsmoothmenu.css file, add the highlighted):

.toplevelshadow{ /*shadow opacity. Doesn't work in IE*/
opacity: 0.8;
z-index: 1002;
}

emmajanemc
11-29-2010, 08:49 PM
hi John,

I have just changed this code as you advised and hey presto - the problem is fixed. I do remember changing the Js file because I wanted the menu navigation to appear over the image, I just replaced the js file with the original one from the site and everything seems to be working perfectly.

I know that there are a lot of errors on the site, I'll need to work my way through these. thanks again for all your help.

Emma