PDA

View Full Version : transparent dhtmlwindow with Iframe in IE

berlingo
11-12-2010, 09:01 PM
1) Script Title: DHTMLwindow widget

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex8/dhtmlwindow/

3) Describe problem: allowTransparency="true" IE Iframe
Hello,
I know I am asking about an "old" script ,and I know IE SU.....(ups) , but could you please tell me if there is a possibility to have

a DHTMLwindow wich contains an Iframe containing an external page without backgroundcolor in IExplorer, so the mainpage can be seen through.?

This works fine in Firefox, Opera,..

the iframe has no color , the external page has RGBA color to transparent + working filter for IE .

I manage to view this page with transparent background through your other amazing good script Featured Content slider but not so calling the same page in
the dhtmlwindow widgetscript.

I try to put allowTransparency="true" with the parameters but I supose this is ommited... :

openbox01=function(){
var op01= dhtmlwindow.open("box01", "iframe", "example222/example/index.php", "", "allowTransparency='true' ,position=relative,left=30px,top=0px,width=800px,height=340px,resize=0,scrolling=0,center=0", "recal");
}

could this be added in the .js ? sure it can not be done with css.

is there a more recent script that could this make work? but DHTMLwindow Widget would just be fine!!!!

kind regards,
Ber

ddadmin
11-13-2010, 09:17 PM
Try directly modifying the iframe tag output by the DHTML window script with the attribute ALLOWTRANSPARENCY="true". Inside dhtmlwindow.js, add the code in red to the existing line:

t.contentarea.innerHTML='<iframe src="" style="margin:0; padding:0; width:100%; height: 100%" name="_iframe-'+t.id+'" ALLOWTRANSPARENCY="true"></iframe>'

berlingo
11-14-2010, 11:39 PM
thanks DDadmin for this quick , simple and clean and working solution. I finaly was going to try this , but you directed me just to the goal !
it works!
Ber