PDA

View Full Version : How to make Virtual Paginate pop reader to top of text?

canadian1969
11-12-2010, 12:42 PM
1) Script Title: Virtual Paginate

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex17/virtualpagination_ref.htm

3) Describe problem: on our web site we have VP running a navigation through 10 pages of text, and it works fine however what does not happen is that although the text changes properly, therefor indicating the script works fine, the reader has scrolled down to the bottom of the text, where they encounter the paginate navigation. When they click next, the text changes, but they remain at the bottom of the page, forcing the reader to scroll back to the top to start reading the next page.

My question is, is there a way to pop the reader back to the top each time they change pages? Either within VP, or as some other work around?

Beverleyh
11-12-2010, 12:59 PM
I'm not sure you've grasped the intention of the script, which is to reduce page length by breaking up long content into manageable chunks - each chunck on its own "page", thus eliminating the need to scroll down.

It sounds like you're using the script as a full site navigation system?

Anyhow - I'm not judging but workarounds could be to move the pagination to the top of the viewer or just use static HTML and a named anchor to jump to the top of the page.

<a name="top">

<a href="#top">go to top of page</a>

canadian1969
11-12-2010, 01:19 PM
Probably best to show you, I would PM you the site but can't seem to do that due to permission restrictions on new accounts (I presume), I don't want to post the domain here, but both admins and forum users can email me.

Beverleyh
11-12-2010, 03:21 PM
Please post a link here - Its best to do things publicly so everyone can offer help and in turn other users can benefit from the solution.