PDA

View Full Version : Flex Menu open vertical direction

contacttodd
10-29-2010, 11:55 AM
1) Script Title: Flex Level Drop Down Menu 1.1

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex1/flexdropdown.htm

3) Describe problem: I've noticed that the vertical menu opens differently depending on it's orientation on the page. For example, if the link is near the bottom of the page, the menu opens up. If the menu is higher than at the bottom of the page, it opens down. While I think this is a useful behavior, I would like to have the ability to force the menu to open down, regardless of where it is at on the page. How can I force a menu to open down in all cases?

Nile
10-29-2010, 07:14 PM
Use the attached JS file.
Good luck!

contacttodd
11-03-2010, 02:55 PM
That fixed the issue. Thank you very much for the help! What changed in the code to allow it to load down in all cases? I appreciate the help.

Thanks, Todd

Nile
11-03-2010, 11:41 PM
In the script in order to make it more use able, if you're scrolled down to the point that the menu cant go down past the border of the page, it goes up. I played around with these settings and took away that function (don't ask me how... I forget :D)

No problem, I'm glad to help.

Here on DD, we like to keep things organized. In an effort to do so, you have the option to set a thread to resolved when an issue is fixed. To make the status of the thread resolved:
1. Go to your first post
2. Edit your first post
3. Click "Go Advanced"
4. In the dropdown next to the title, select "RESOLVED"

mokarrabin
10-15-2014, 07:46 AM
Use the attached JS file.
Good luck!

But where is your attached js file ? i need to fix this asap. Please help.

mokarrabin
10-15-2014, 08:15 AM
That fixed the issue. Thank you very much for the help! What changed in the code to allow it to load down in all cases? I appreciate the help.

Thanks, Todd

Do you have the JS file that fixed the issue. I need it urgently.