PDA

View Full Version : Layering Issue with Ultimate Fade-in slideshow

tlbex250
10-21-2010, 01:24 PM
1) Script Title: Ultimate Fade-in slideshow

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex14/fadeinslideshow.htm

3) Describe problem: I am using the Ultimate Fade-in slideshow and it is right under my navigation bar. The problem is the navigation bar has a dropdown menu and wen i drop it down it goes behind the slideshow so I cant see my buttons. I built the navigation bar in fireworks. Any idea how to fix this? I am not that good with Javascript, still learning.

Thanks

tlbex250
10-21-2010, 02:02 PM
Found this in another Thread

This has to do with CSS z-index. Try giving the outermost element of the drop down menu both a CSS position of "relative", plus a high z-index value, ie:

<div id="mymenu" style="position:relative; z-index:2000">

So basically just find the div tag where the menu is inserted into the html and add that style tag to the div tag. Works great.

jscheuer1
10-21-2010, 02:06 PM
Increase the minimum z-index for the navigation bar's positioned elements to 1002.

How this is done may vary by the code (css, HTML, and/or javascript) used by your particular menu bar. If the root of the menu is - say:

<div id="menu">
menu triggers and items here
</div>

And contains all of the triggers and items, adding a style rule to your stylesheet before the other styles for the menu:

#menu, #menu * {
position: relative;
z-index: 1002!important;
}

Notes: Red items must match up. The !important keyword must be used as shown to override lower z-indexes in the styles that follow.

If you want more help:

Please post a link to a page on your site that contains the problematic code so we can check it out.