PDA

View Full Version : Ultimate Fade-in slideshow (v2.4) -- do not understand code, cannot make it work

newbie1122
10-19-2010, 04:00 AM
1) Script Title: Ultimate Fade-in slideshow (v2.4)

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex14/fadeinslideshow.htm

3) Describe problem: I cannot get this script to work. I know it's me, but since I'm not technically minded -- I'm a designer -- I'm constantly second-guessing and I just don't know what I'm doing wrong. I'm confused about the path to the images. In the example provided, both full URLs as well as simple image names are used. Is the full URL necessary? I've tried both with no success. I am also confused about whether I need to edit the javascript by adding my image names to that too. I am further confused about where the DIV tag goes. I'm guessing it is placed on the web page where I want the slideshow to appear. I have done all these things and some variations but I still do not have a slide show. Is there some patient person out there that can help me please? Here's a link to a sample page: http://www.fullcircledesignworks.com/cabinet.html

Also, I used an earlier version of this show about a year ago and it provided a place to include a "fade to" color -- at the time I had a slide show I wanted to fade to white on one page and one I wanted to fade to black on another. I did not note a place to add this info in this new version. Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

jscheuer1
10-19-2010, 06:45 AM
Replace:

imagearray: [
["images/cabinetry/kitchen-1a", "", "", ""],
["images/cabinetry/kitchen-1b", "", "", ""],
["images/cabinetry/kitchen-1c", "", "", ""],
["images/cabinetry/kitchen-2a", "", "", ""],
["images/cabinetry/kitchen-2b", "", "", ""],
["images/cabinetry/kitchen-2c", "", "", ""],
["images/cabinetry/wall_console", "", "", ""],
["images/cabinetry/bar1", "", "", ""],
["images/cabinetry/bar2", "", "", ""],
["images/cabinetry/dresser", "", "", ""],
["images/cabinetry/dressing", "", "", ""],
["images/cabinetry/home_theatre", "", "", ""] //<--no trailing comma after very last image element!
],

with:

imagearray: [
["images/cabinetry/kitchen-1a.jpg", "", "", ""],
["images/cabinetry/kitchen-1b.jpg", "", "", ""],
["images/cabinetry/kitchen-1c.jpg", "", "", ""],
["images/cabinetry/kitchen-2a.jpg", "", "", ""],
["images/cabinetry/kitchen-2b.jpg", "", "", ""],
["images/cabinetry/kitchen-2c.jpg", "", "", ""],
["images/cabinetry/wall_console.jpg", "", "", ""],
["images/cabinetry/bar1.jpg", "", "", ""],
["images/cabinetry/bar2.jpg", "", "", ""],
["images/cabinetry/dresser.jpg", "", "", ""],
["images/cabinetry/dressing.jpg", "", "", ""],
["images/cabinetry/home_theatre.jpg", "", "", ""] //<--no trailing comma after very last image element!
],

As for the other matter, I think you mean version 1.5x which had:

var fadebgcolor="white"

In the current version style is used instead. Put this in the head of the page:

<style type="text/css">
#fadeshow1, #fadeshow1 .gallerylayer {
background-color: white!important;
}
</style>

newbie1122
10-19-2010, 11:15 AM
well I feel like an idiot...I did try this show several times -- hard to believe I didn't have the image names entered correctly but I guess I didn't -- I'll try to be more thorough next time. thank you. ultimately I didn't need to add the background color as it fades to black which is what I wanted it to do.