PDA

View Full Version : "undefined" is null or is an object in jquery.min.js (error only in IE 8)

dsanchez
10-13-2010, 05:07 PM
1) Script Title:
Ultimate Fade-in slideshow (v2.4)

2) Script URL (on DD):
http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex14/fadeinslideshow.htm

3) Describe problem:

in Internet Explorer there's an annoying java script error (screen shot attached)

"undefined" is null or is an object

jquery.min.js, line 55, character 143

I have installed the script here:

http://www.ipfe.org.pe/

if you don't see the problem, browse the site or reload the page and the error will pop-up sooner or later. This only happens in IE. Chrome, Opera and Firefox is OK.

Thanks in advance!

dsanchez
10-13-2010, 07:25 PM
Problem solved. It seems the error was product of a conflict with other java script files of the CMS (Drupal) and the script. My mistake was to call the fadeslideshow.js in the header of every page by default. Following exactly the instructions provided in the script solve the problem.

nightzombie
11-08-2010, 08:32 AM
Hi

Seems i am getting the same problem, but i use fadeshow, lightbox, and a script for my buttons,
i have this on all my pages, but they are in use on all so i need to find a different solution.
<script type="text/javascript" src="viewer/js/prototype.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="viewer/js/scriptaculous.js?load=effects,builder"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="viewer/js/lightbox.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="miniTab.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="show/jquery.min.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="show/fadeslideshow.js">

jscheuer1
11-09-2010, 04:39 AM
Assuming the scripts are all well written and miniTab relies on no library or upon Prototype, this may work - Reverse the order:

<script type="text/javascript" src="show/jquery.min.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="show/fadeslideshow.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="viewer/js/prototype.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="viewer/js/scriptaculous.js?load=effects,builder"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="viewer/js/lightbox.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="miniTab.js"></script>