PDA

View Full Version : ddsmoothmenu - alignment in IE

vmallamp22
10-11-2010, 08:42 PM
1) Script Title: Smooth Navigational Menu (v1.4)

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamici...smoothmenu.htm

3) Describe problem: I had an issue earlier and posted in this forum http://www.dynamicdrive.com/forums/showthread.php?p=239084#post239084and you have given me a modified script. Script works great in all browsers except IE.

Can you please help me. I have uploaded the screen shots..

Thank you.
Vasu.

ddadmin
10-13-2010, 12:44 AM
In which versions of IE, and also, can you elaborate on what you mean by not working in IE?

vmallamp22
10-14-2010, 07:28 PM
Hi,

In IE 7 and IE 8.

Thank you.
Vasu.

vmallamp22
10-16-2010, 04:32 AM
Hi,

I have attached the screen shot for your reference... In IE7 and IE8, when I mouseover the main menu, it is overlaid by the first sub menu when sub menu expands below... and this happens in all the browsers IE, Chrome and Firefox when the sub menu expands above..

Thank you.
Vasu.

vmallamp22
10-18-2010, 08:12 PM
Any update on this..

Thank you.
Vasu.

ddadmin
10-19-2010, 08:23 AM
Sorry for the delay. Based on the screenshot, if the issue is that the sub menus are appearing beneath the element that follows on the page when the two overlap, is the later a flash or Java applet? A link to the problem page would really help in this case.

vmallamp22
10-20-2010, 01:55 PM
Hi,

Thank you for the response. It is just a image not flash or java applet.. This is on intranet and cannot be accessed from internet.

I have uploaded the zip file with all the files, you can resize the browser to half the regular size and then open Login.htm file, then point the mouse on the second menu (products), which should repeat the problem I am having.

Thank you.
Vasu.

ddadmin
10-21-2010, 07:23 AM
In both IE8 and FF3.5 and running login.htm of the zip file, the drop down menus do not seem to be obscured/ overlapped by the "what's new", "special offers" images. It's possible though that the zip file doesn't contain everything you see on your live site, hence I'm not getting an exact duplicate of the page you're seeing (and the issue).

vmallamp22
10-21-2010, 09:43 PM
Hi,

Is the sub menu expanding down or up. This happens only when the sub menu is expanding upwards. You can replicate this by resizing the browser to half size, so that you force the sub menu to expand upwards..

Thank you.
Vasu.