PDA

View Full Version : Resolved ddsmoothmenu - alignment

vmallamp22
09-16-2010, 07:37 PM
1) Script Title: Smooth Navigational Menu (v1.4)

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex1/ddsmoothmenu.htm

3) Describe problem: I am using this script and works great. But I am having one issue, I have a long list of sub sub menus under sub menus, when the screen is of low resolution, users are unable to see the bottom ones. I have attached the screen shots. Is there a way that the moves up based on screen resolution or may be have it aligned top of sub menu with he top of the menu.

Thank you.
Vasu.

vmallamp22
09-17-2010, 03:11 PM
Any one has a solution for this..

Thank you.
Vasu.

ddadmin
09-17-2010, 11:14 PM
You might try the following modified .js file, which detects when a drop down menu doesn't have enough space downwards to be fully visible when dropped down, and drop up the menu instead. It isn't perfect though- the shadow effect if you have enabled for example doesn't work. But from your screenshot it seems you're not using that feature anyway.

vmallamp22
09-20-2010, 11:08 AM
Thank you a bunch. It is working great.

Regards,
Vasu.

babu_1982
09-22-2014, 09:11 AM
Hi ddadmin, How can I download the modified js file?

jscheuer1
09-22-2014, 02:12 PM
This menu has been modified many times since this thread was last posted to.

And, to the best of my recollection it now includes the feature under discussion here - that is, if a sub menu would go below the bottom of the page, it drops up instead of down. If that would put it above the top of the page, it attempts to center itself within the available vertical space.

If you have more questions about this, please start a new thread for a new question.