PDA

View Full Version : Pagination for Featured Content Slider v2.4

W_C
09-15-2010, 04:57 AM
Script Title: Featured Content Slider v2.4
http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex17/featuredcontentslider.htm

Hi there. I've tried to use the script. It's amazing and i can insert tables and divs.

I'm a designer and don't know much about coding. Can you please help me this?

Currently, the pagination may confuse the user as the slider may have more than 10 pages.
Some of the feature need to be add in:
1. Can i add pagination? such as Page 1 of 10?
2. Can the previous button not to be shown/faded on the first page of the slide? and same goes to the next when it's at the last page?
e.g:
1st page: << < previous | next > >>
2nd page: << < previous | next > >>
last page: << < previous | next > >>

Please advice.

ddadmin
09-15-2010, 06:28 PM
For #2, try the below modified .js file, which disables the "prev" and "next" pagination links when the user is at the 1st and very last slide, respectively. Note that you should also add a CSS at the top of your page, which determines how the disabled link should look:

<style>

a.disabled{
color:gray !important;
text-decoration:none !important;
}

</style>

W_C
09-19-2010, 12:39 AM
thank you ddadmin.
the .js is perfect. But i pasted the style, but the color didnt change. Should it be paste onto the html page itself? I've tried, but it don't turn gray. did i paste onto the right location?

W_C
09-19-2010, 12:41 AM
As for the #1, i guess i didn't explain in detail. Sorry.

Actually i wan to have a pagination just like www.yahoo.com (today section - right in the center). The page number will change after clicking to the next button.
How could it be done? It is regarding the onChange? Can you show me step by step? I really feel helpless about scripting :(

W_C
09-27-2010, 03:46 AM
For #2, try the below modified .js file, which disables the "prev" and "next" pagination links when the user is at the 1st and very last slide, respectively. Note that you should also add a CSS at the top of your page, which determines how the disabled link should look:

<style>

a.disabled{
color:gray !important;
text-decoration:none !important;
}

</style>

Yes! Finally got it done. At first i tried with Adobe Dreamweaver CS5, it doesn't work. then i tried with MX2004, it works nicely. thanks.