PDA

View Full Version : Javascript Jitters!

undone
09-11-2010, 04:23 AM
I am in the process of building a new site. On several of the pages, I am using multiple javascripts. They all seem to be working OK, except the text within the tab containers flash green then gray when clicking between them, making my eyes go buggy! :eek:

favilla-designs.com/demo/northpole/products/products-wifi-modules-802.11transceivers.html

It is worse in Firefox, IE jitters a bit, Chrome looks OK.

Not sure how to repair this. Any suggestions?

Many thanks!

jscheuer1
09-11-2010, 04:35 AM
I removed your link as it appeared to be a commercial link and didn't exhibit the problem you describe (tested in IE 8, Firefox 3, and Opera 10).

In the future please link only to pages that demonstrate the issue you are asking about.

undone
09-11-2010, 04:41 AM
I was in the process of editing my post when you pulled the link. I didn't realize that and put the link back in! I wanted to add that it seems to be worse in Firefox than other browsers.

Honestly, I am not trying to post something commercial. When you click between the tabs, there is a jitter to the fade in of the text. It is very noticeable in Firefox, and IE jitters a bit.

Please take a second look.

Many thanks.

BTW, the shopping cart isn't working yet. Even if I was trying to sell something, you couldn't buy it!

traq
09-11-2010, 05:06 AM
I don't see the problems you describe either. Fx 3.6.9 / Ubuntu / WinXP, Chrome 6 / Ubuntu / WinXP / Win7, IE7 / WinXP, IE8 / Win7

Since it's javascript, maybe it has something to do with your computer's processor speed/load...?

jscheuer1
09-11-2010, 08:38 AM
Honestly, I am not trying to post something commercial. When you click between the tabs, there is a jitter to the fade in of the text. It is very noticeable in Firefox, and IE jitters a bit.

Nope, as I said, not happening here either, in Firefox or the others I mentioned.

I've changed the link to text. Anyone who's interested can cut and paste it. Still looks commercial to me. Please leave it as is.

undone
09-12-2010, 04:44 AM
I checked this out on all three of my computers and Firefox is a problem on each. When switching between tabs, the font turns greenish for a split second, then to gray. I don't get why no one else is seeing this. Oh, well.

Thanks anyway for looking.

traq
09-12-2010, 05:34 AM
what version of Firefox / what OS?

jscheuer1
09-12-2010, 07:48 AM
This is nuts, but for some reason I can see it now. Just goes to show you how unnoticeable this will be to your average visitor. It is pretty subtle. And even though I can see it now, it seems to only happen sometimes. So I would guess it's a visual effect, not unlike after-image, but in this case more like a before-image.

It looks to me to just be the effect of the color (#666 in shorthand hex) of the text as it fades in. Perhaps it also matters how bleary/tired your eyes are. Mine are pretty tired right now. If you darken it very little (#555), it's even less noticeable. Go to #444 and I can no longer detect it. To do so, add this to your stylesheet:

.tab_content p {
color: #444;
}

Or use #555 there, it's up yo you