PDA

View Full Version : Easy Drop Down Menu one level only

Elbee
09-07-2010, 01:59 PM
Hi,

What would be the easiest drop down menu code to use for only three buttons, one level, with the level appearing onmouseover?

Thanks for your help, Elbee

djr33
09-07-2010, 02:48 PM
"Easiest"? That's not very specific because "easiness" can relate to several things:
1. Users find it "easy" to use on your page.
2. It is "easy" to install on the page.
3. It is "easy" to debug-- sometimes even if it's easy to install it could still have a lot of problems with compatibility, and fixing that will (almost) always be harder than the initial installation.
(Hopefully most scripts on dynamic drive don't have compatibility issues, but sometimes this might happen if you need it to work on unusual browsers or you have something else on the page that can conflict with it.)
4. It might also be "easier" if you can get help from the author or someone who knows the script well. An easy script without support might be a very hard script if there's a problem. Luckily most scripts on dynamic drive are well supported by the users here.

Most if not all of the scripts on dynamic drive have very clear directions and are not hard to install. I'm not sure I'd say they are "easy" since that relates to the individual and experience, but I don't think there are too many scripts out there that are significantly easier.

I think the most important thing to help you decide is to look at which menus would look nice on your page then look at the instructions (and maybe the code), trying to get an idea of whether the instructions look "easy" to you. Of course if you need help you can post, and please remember to include a link to your page so we know what is going on.