PDA

View Full Version : SAG Scroller icon next to images

ergo30
09-05-2010, 12:47 AM
Hi

I am trying to use the script call SAG scroller, its a great script for both images and text but I have having a slight problem with the image scroller. I am getting a white strip down the left hand side with a small triangle (pointed to the image) at the top near the top left of the picture. Your example doesnt have this, could you tell me how to get rid of this. Image below of the problem I'm having.

http://www.dynamicdrive.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=3521&stc=1&d=1283647540

Many thanks

Simon

ddadmin
09-05-2010, 12:57 AM
Please post a link to the page on your site that contains the problematic script so we can check it out.

ergo30
09-05-2010, 03:29 PM
I think I have an apology to make, I didnt realise I had posted this in the wrong area, sorry, link to the site page is here. (http://www.dutchcountryhelicopters.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=52&Itemid=59)

ergo30
09-05-2010, 04:12 PM
I think I have an apology to make, I didnt realise I had posted this in the wrong area, sorry, link to the site page is here. (http://www.dutchcountryhelicopters.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=52&Itemid=59)

Also I have now read the instructions on posting in the forum and I should have included the link to the script on your pages, here it is http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex2/sagscroller.htm

ddadmin
09-06-2010, 05:09 AM
The "arrows" are there since your page is missing the reference to the required "sagscroller.css" file. In the HEAD section of your page you do have a reference to:

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="/template.css" />

though it's broken (try accessing template.css).

ergo30
09-06-2010, 12:44 PM
Firstly ddadmin, thank you very much for taking time out to repond on this for me. I'm no professional on this and am on a tight learing curve so it could be that I messed up with this but i will try to explain (perhaps its something I should have mentioned at the beginning). The site is built up in Joomla which uses templates, when I tried a different script that is running on my site I added the reference to the scripts .CSS file and it messed up all the formatting on my site, the only way I could get around it was to add that scripts .CSS details in the template.css file that the template I am running with uses. To stop this happening when I added the SAG scroller I also added the content from SAG's CSS into the templates .CSS (I then changed the bit in the head for SAG's CSS to point to the template.css), hence keeping all CSS in one file. Am I wrong in doing this? If so is there a way to reference two different .CSS files for different things on the website. Sorry for my lack of knowledge but I am totally self taught so I am learning by my mistakes (which takes alot of time and mistakes and causing you knowledgable guys headaches I sure).

Having typed all the above I was looking at the line <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="/template.css" /> and realised that the path is perhaps wrong for the template.css. The path from the root would be /templates/ja_zibal/css which is where the template.css is.

I really hope this explained it AND if you understand my explanation, maybe you could confirm my assumption. I will try this when I get home.

Thanks.

ergo30
09-07-2010, 10:43 PM
I've tried pointing to the templates.css file and even tried pointing it directly to sagscroller.css without any change my problem. I'm not sure if its something stupied I am doing. Thanks again.

ddadmin
09-08-2010, 03:38 AM
The CSS classes for SAG scroller are now correctly loaded inside your template.css file. However, it seems there are some CSS conflicts with some of the other classes defined on the same page that's causing the issues you're seeing. I can't quite pinpoint what those other classes are (as there are a lot of them on your page). You can for the time being try and edit the CSS classes for SAG Scroller to compensate for these conflicts. Try finding the below CSS class inside template.css:

.sagscroller ul{
position:absolute;
margin:0;
padding:0;
background:white;
list-style:none;
width: 100%;
}

and change that to:

.sagscroller ul{
position:absolute;
margin:0;
padding:0;
background:white;
list-style:none !important;
width: 100%;
}

.sagscroller img{
margin-left: -14px;
}

This should get the scroller to look somewhat as it does in the DD demo...

ergo30
09-08-2010, 09:25 PM
Brilliant!!! all sorted, thanks for your help on this, i hope one day to post some help on these forums in return.:)