PDA

View Full Version : Removing icon from the Slider

david.kansal
08-27-2010, 02:39 PM
Hi, i want to remove the icon from this slider. The whole code for the slider is at

I tried a lot. can plz somebody remove the icon code.

icon doesnt appear offline,it comes when connected to interenet.

plz sort this

David Kansal

traq
08-28-2010, 01:47 AM
You need to give a few more details. What icon are you referring to? Give a link to a live example of what you're working on, or at least an image so we can see what you're trying to do.

david.kansal
08-28-2010, 07:46 AM
Hi you can check at http://code.thecisco.net

i want to remove icon at bottom right pointing to slidedeck

Whole code for this is available at

Thanks

traq
08-28-2010, 02:12 PM
minified... that'll make it hard to find. Honestly, I would leave the icon there. It's GPL, so you're allowed to remove it, but it's unobtrusive - and only polite to give credit where credit is due.

david.kansal
08-28-2010, 02:48 PM
plz help me removing the icon by editing the java script attached with in this below file.

plz help me and edit the code. n i will be very thankful to you really.

i am really annoyed with it.

jscheuer1
08-28-2010, 03:51 PM
Add the highlighted:

<script type="text/javascript">
$('.slidedeck').slidedeck();
document.write('<style type="text/css">#' + $('[id^=SlideDeck_Bug]').get(0).id + ' {display: none!important;}<\/style>');
</script>

david.kansal
08-29-2010, 03:03 AM
You rocks. I really appreciate your help.

Love u all

Many many thanks

masterok
09-02-2010, 11:47 AM
which file do i edit this in?
thanks.

masterok
09-02-2010, 01:38 PM
I have searched through all of the files just now. I cant seem to find the part of the code you showed above. Please tell me how can I remove this logo. thanks.

traq
09-02-2010, 02:05 PM
It's not in the original script. It's added after the .slidedeck() call to hide it.

jscheuer1
09-02-2010, 03:42 PM
It's not in the original script. It's added after the .slidedeck() call to hide it.

Yes. The script is rather cleverly written in an attempt to enforce the appearance of this logo with its link back to the home page of the script.

On page load, a random number is generated and appended to:

SlideDeck_Bug

to form the id of this link. The styles for this link and its contained image are appended to the head of the page using the !important keyword. So it is very difficult to change them.

By also using the !important keyword in a technically invalid style section written to the body, we can change them. This can only be done after the code for the link and the image are generated and inserted into the DOM by the script. Before that, there is no way to know what the random part of the id will be.

Since the script is packed, it is virtually impossible to edit it. One could unpack it, but after that, key sections of the code are written backwards and reversed by the script at runtime, so it's still a mess.

Easier by far to simply find this link element after it's generated and appended (sometimes it's prepended - all to make it harder to find and deal with) to the DOM. Since jQuery can easily find an element by id even when only the first part of the id is known, I thought first to remove it. But the script keeps checking to see if it's there, if not it makes it again.

By using style (albeit slightly invalid style as mentioned above), we can make it display none. But only after the call to the .slidedeck() function. Before then, it's randomly generated id doesn't exist in the DOM yet.

If the designers of this script wanted to make even this approach impossible, they could obfuscate the id further by randomly generating the entire id. This would only be a little more complex than the code they already employ.

But then we could use jQuery to find the href of the link, or the src attribute of the image and work form there.

They could counter by setting up 20 proxies for each of these and randomly choosing one of these each time.

But then they would have to be in the script, so we could find those.

The saga continues . . .

One could edit the script. To do so search for:

kcolb

(block backwards). It appears only once in the packed code. Change it to:

enon

(none backwards).

I haven't tested this, but it probably will work.

Markspixel
09-13-2010, 06:21 AM
Thanks for the tip, but neither the first solution nor replacing kcolb has worked for me and I am experienced in both html and php. I used dreamweaver to search the whole site and replace. 1 instance as you said.

EDIT: Sorry I spoke too soon, this second method worked, I was just dumb and didn't hit the save button on my dreamweaver :)

lushmind
01-31-2011, 05:01 AM
I am wondering if the code jscheuer1 suggested is for a Slide Deck implemented through a php in a page template or via a Wordpress dashboard (or perhaps neither!).

Which specific file the code from jscheuer would be added to?

Thanks.

dougiedakool
03-03-2011, 02:27 AM
Was reading through this and just thought I'd try it and it DOES WORK (Thanks to jscheuer1)

1. Search for 'kcolb' in the 'slidedeck-lite-for-wordpress/lib/slidedeck.jquery.lite.pack.js' file

2. Replace with 'enon'

3. Hit save and smile

*I did this for wordpress users

sixpoint
04-07-2011, 09:59 AM
Thank you so much! jscheuer1's and dougiedakool ~:)

mothpre
07-16-2011, 02:30 AM
Hey I just download and active the slidedeck pluging in wordpres I tried to look fo "kcolb" in all the .js files but I didnt find it... I am trying to edit from the cpanel.... How can I remove the branding icon - I would like to support but im using over 10 slidebars and all this icons looks ridiculous

jscheuer1
07-16-2011, 03:07 AM
Hey I just download and active the slidedeck pluging in wordpres I tried to look fo "kcolb" in all the .js files but I didnt find it... I am trying to edit from the cpanel.... How can I remove the branding icon - I would like to support but im using over 10 slidebars and all this icons looks ridiculous

Please post a link to a page on your site that contains the problematic code so we can check it out.

leojays
07-23-2011, 03:10 PM
This is what I did for Slidedeck JS version. Hope this will help someone else.

1. Use slidedeck.jquery.lite.js instead of slidedeck.jquery.lite.pack.js
2. Open slidedeck.jquery.lite.js and search for var BUG = {
3. Comment the part that says id: "SlideDeck_Bug"+(Math.round(Math.random()*100000000)),
4. Add a new ID id: "SlideDeck_Bug1",
5. In the next line that says styles change display:block !important; to display:none !important;

var BUG = {
//id: "SlideDeck_Bug"+(Math.round(Math.random()*100000000)),
id: "SlideDeck_Bug1",
styles: "position:absolute !important;height:"+13+"px !important;width:"+130+"px !important;display:none !important;margin:0 !important;overflow:hidden !important;visibility:visible !important;opacity:1 !important;padding:0 !important;z-index:20000 !important",
width: 130,
height: 13
};

mrlamzz
09-29-2011, 12:29 AM
Ok people here's how you do it:

http://www.mrlamzz.com/how-to-remove-slidedeck-logo-solved/

Cheers!

wiherek5
10-12-2011, 07:11 PM
the kcolb solution still works, although it is re-reversed now :) so just search for 'block' and change it to 'none'.