PDA

View Full Version : Text and Image Crawler - Stopping the loop

danop
08-21-2010, 03:12 AM
1) Script Title: Text and Image Crawler

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex2/crawler/index.htm

3) Describe problem: I like this script, but I just don't want it to loop. I just want it to get to the end and stop which would allow the user to put their mouse cursor to the left to see what has already passed.

Thanks

Dan

jscheuer1
08-21-2010, 03:59 AM
Try:

http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex4/cmotiongallery.htm

danop
08-22-2010, 05:38 PM
I just tried implementing that script instead, but it won't work. I think it might be that I'm not just putting in simple images maybe? I'm actually calling a php script to display new items from an osc store.

The other script worked fine until it got to the end and didn't loop and instead just started stretching out the content in the div. This is why I was thinking of just having it stop since it wasn't looping.

Dan

jscheuer1
08-22-2010, 07:13 PM
So, am I to understand that you would be happy with the crawler script looping if it worked?

The reason I ask is that your problems with either script sound like they are due to the markup you are generating with your PHP code. As long as you generate the correct markup, things should work. You may observe the markup that is generated by viewing the page in the browser and using its 'view source' to see the generated markup. If it doesn't match the template required for the script, adjust your PHP code so that it does.

If you want more help:

Please post a link to a page on your site that contains the problematic code so we can check it out.

danop
08-23-2010, 04:12 PM
Here is a link to the page in question: http://www.carp-kit.com

The code is outputed around line 247. What is found between the two DIV tags is called from another php file which contains the following code:

<?php
/*
$Id: new_products.php 1806 2008-01-11 22:48:15Z hpdl $

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions
http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright (c) 2008 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License
*/
?>
<!-- new_products //-->
<?php
$info_box_contents = array();
$info_box_contents[] = array('text' => sprintf('New Products for %s', strftime('%B')));

new contentBoxHeading($info_box_contents);
if ( (!isset($new_products_category_id)) || ($new_products_category_id == '0') ) {
$new_products_query = tep_db_query("select p.products_id, p.products_image, p.products_tax_class_id, pd.products_name, if(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, p.products_price) as products_price from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p left join " . TABLE_SPECIALS . " s on p.products_id = s.products_id, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd where p.products_status = '1' and p.products_id = pd.products_id and pd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' order by p.products_date_added desc limit " . 20);
} else {
$new_products_query = tep_db_query("select distinct p.products_id, p.products_image, p.products_tax_class_id, pd.products_name, if(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, p.products_price) as products_price from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p left join " . TABLE_SPECIALS . " s on p.products_id = s.products_id, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES . " p2c, " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " c where p.products_id = p2c.products_id and p2c.categories_id = c.categories_id and c.parent_id = '" . (int)$new_products_category_id . "' and p.products_status = '1' and p.products_id = pd.products_id and pd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' order by p.products_date_added desc limit " . MAX_DISPLAY_NEW_PRODUCTS_2);
}

$row = 0;
$col = 0;
$info_box_contents = array();
while ($new_products = tep_db_fetch_array($new_products_query)) {
$info_box_contents[$row][$col] = array('align' => 'center',
'params' => 'class="smallText" valign="top"',
'text' => '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . $new_products['products_id']) . '">' . tep_image( DIR_WS_IMAGES . $new_products['products_image'], $new_products['products_name'], SMALL_IMAGE_WIDTH, SMALL_IMAGE_HEIGHT) . '</a><br><a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . $new_products['products_id']) . '">' . $new_products['products_name'] . '</a><br>' . $currencies->display_price($new_products['products_price'], tep_get_tax_rate($new_products['products_tax_class_id'])));

$col ++;
if ($col > 20) {
$col = 0;
$row ++;
}
}

new contentBox($info_box_contents);
?>
<!-- new_products_eof //-->

In IE, the marquee stretches out and doesn't loop, while in Chrome it just marquees one product at a time.

Thanks for your help,

Dan