PDA

View Full Version : Podcasting

Max_Current
10-24-2005, 08:02 PM
Hi guys (don't know if this is meant to be in here but I'll give it a go),

I'm setting up podcasting for work but have run into a few problems. First off this whole line confuses me:

/'<media:content url="/general/listen/john.mp3" fileSize="5661212" type="audio/mpeg" expression="full" duration="156" bitrate="40" />/'

What units are the durration and file size measured in and I haven't got a clue what bitrate and expression are and how they could be found out from the mp3 file.

Thanks in advanced for any help.

Freeman
10-27-2005, 02:51 PM
The "Duration is 156 or 156 seconds. The file size is measured in kilobytes (there are 1024 Kb in a Mb). Bitrate is very often used when speaking of video or audio quality -- defines how much physical space one second of audio or video takes in bits (note: not in bytes). For example: 3 minutes of MP3 audio in 128kbit/sec CBR bitrate takes 2.81 megabytes of physical space (1,024 x 128 / 1,024 / 1,024 x 180 / 8). I have no idea what "expression" is and the type, if it is audio, should be type="audio/mp3" mpeg is video format. To find out with the Mp3, the duration is entirely in seconds, Don't know expression, If you have iTunes the bitrate shows when the file is playing. to find the size right click on the file and click properities. This will tell you how many bytes are in the file. Hope this helps, JF