PDA

View Full Version : Layer position in DHTML

cjkenning
10-24-2005, 10:27 AM
Hey all,

I'm building a site using DHTML and Dreamweaver as a base, and I'm currently having trouble. I've created a layer to store text which sits over an image, which looks fine in Dreamweaver, but when loaded onto the page the layer has moved about 80 pixels to the left and about 20 pixels below what it should be!

My first thoughts were that this was due to positioning type, and therefore tried fixed position, relative position etc, but this seemed to delete the layer and send the image to the top of the page!

Here is the code for this layer,

<DIV id="Layer1" style="position:absolute; left:564px; top:495px; width:191px; height:213px; z-index:1"><FONT color="#FFFFFF">sdfsldfjsldkfnsg</FONT></DIV>

If anyone has any ideas, you help would be very appreciated! Thank v much

Chris Kenning
ck@carrot.com

jscheuer1
10-24-2005, 02:09 PM
The simplest solution would be just to adjust the coordinates using a text editor:

<DIV id="Layer1" style="position:absolute; left:644px; top:475px; width:191px; height:213px; z-index:1"><FONT color="#FFFFFF">sdfsldfjsldkfnsg</FONT></DIV>

cjkenning
10-24-2005, 02:47 PM
Yes, I had thought of doing that, However the site contains many pages that run off this template, and would become quite confusing if each one had to be adjusted this way!

I'm not quite sure why its doing this, and it doesn't seem to be anything to with padding, but if you have anymore suggestions, they would be gratefully received!

All the best

Chris Kenning