PDA

View Full Version : email form help....

insanemonkey
10-24-2005, 03:50 AM
Ok I have this form and I dont know how to use it...please help me--->>>>
</style>
<h3>Contact</h3>Do you have a question, comment or a suggestion to pass along to us?<br/>Please fill out the contactform below:<br /><br />

<form action="mailto:insanemonkey@insanemonkey.us0.biz" method="post">
<table width="390" border="0"> <tr>
<td width="140">Company name</td> <td width="240" align="right"><input name="compname" type="text" size="35"></td> </tr> <tr> <td>Your name* </td> <td align="right"><input name="yourname" type="text" size="35"></td> </tr> <tr> <td>Email address* </td> <td align="right"><input name="email" type="text" size="35"></td> </tr> <tr> <td height="104" valign="top">Message* </td> <td align="right"><textarea name="message" cols="26" rows="5"></textarea></td> </tr> <tr> <td valign="top">Question type:</td> <td height="104" align="right" valign="top"> <select name="optbox">
<option>Graphics</option>
<option>Technical question</option>
<option>Report Abuse/Stealer</option>
<option>Linkpartner</option>
<option>Other</option>
</select></td> </tr> <tr> <td>&nbsp;</td> <td align="right"><span class="kopje">(*)required </span><input type="submit" name="Submit" value="Submit"></td> </tr></table></form><br />
</div>

insanemonkey
10-24-2005, 03:52 AM
Can you atleast give me a form to use instead of that one but I really want to use it becuase how it looks and that it makes sure you have an email address and message ... please help me

insanemonkey
10-24-2005, 03:53 AM
oh yeh if you want to see the form in action but it wont work becuase I dont have it up/ well I dont know how to work it

Freeman
10-24-2005, 04:05 PM
What don't you know how to use with it? you want the form to be sent to your E-mail correct? What do you want the form to do? Do you want it to redirect you to a different page after they click submit or something else. JF

insanemonkey
10-24-2005, 04:15 PM
I want to have it directed to my email account but the way that, that is, it directs it only to a page

Freeman
10-24-2005, 04:20 PM
You mean that you want the entire page to be directed to YOUR E-mail account. This would allow everyone who uses your form to have access to your E-mail.

Freeman
10-24-2005, 04:23 PM
If you want to have it SENT to your E-mail and have the page redirect to a different page insert this under form action. Value is the address that you want them to be redirected to.

<input type="hidden" name="url" value="text">

insanemonkey
10-25-2005, 12:00 AM
hey freeman I have added the stuff but its still not working please look at the page and veiw source so you can see whats wrong...ty
http://www.insanemonkey.us0.biz/contactus.php

Twey
10-25-2005, 10:10 AM
If you have PHP installed on your server, why are you using the ugly, unreliable mailto: action? I suggest you have a look at the PHP mail() (http://uk.php.net/mail) function.

Oh, and Freeman meant an URL, not your email address.