PDA

View Full Version : Smooth Navigational Menu (Master Page Issues)

pvong
07-30-2010, 08:05 PM
1) Script Title: Smooth Navigational Menu (v1.4)

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex1/ddsmoothmenu.htm

3) Describe problem: Please forgive me because I'm a very newbie just trying to learn. I don't know any Java at all. I'm trying to accomplish this in VS2008. I have created a site with Master Pages. In my master page, I have the horizontal menu. I put the ddsmoothmenu.css and ddsmoothmenu.js at the root directory for my site. I then have a couple of pages that sit inside my Master Page. When I launch the site, any page that sits in the root directory still shows the menu just fine. Any sites that sit in a sub directory - I only get the menu header but I do not get anything when I roll over it. I don't think it's picking up the .css or the .js file. How do I get my pages to read the .css or the .js from sub folders? Here is my error code from IE where Compliance is the sub folder. This happens on all browsers in all versions so it's not a browser issue.

If I copy the .css and the .js and the arrows into every folder, it works. There's got to be a way to do this without copy/paste into every folder. If I make a change to .css, I have to go into each folder and that's a pain.

Webpage error details

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/4.0; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; .NET4.0C)
Timestamp: Fri, 30 Jul 2010 19:57:59 UTC

Line: 30
Char: 5
Code: 0
URI: http://SiteName/Compliance/BestExecution.aspx

(Please be kind to the newbie trying to learn.)

Thanks!
Phil

azoomer
07-30-2010, 09:55 PM
You should be able to have the css only one place but you will probably have to change the path ( link ) to the css on the files that are located in a subdirectory. I am sure there are many people on this forum that will help you but it is too difficult to say something meaningful without a link to the pages where you have a problem. We have to see the pages in order to help, so post some working links.