PDA

View Full Version : autostep causing layout issues

gummisig
07-30-2010, 07:01 AM
1) Script Title: Stepcarousel.js version 1.9, I'm also using this with Wordpress, and the default loaded version of jquery from WP

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex4/stepcarousel.htm

3) Describe problem: great script, just to get that out of the way.

They problem I'm having is that when I add the autostep function to the script it wrecks the layout. I get scrollbars horizontally and vertically. The belt doesnt work anymore and all the posts are displayed.

Has anyone seen this before?

ddadmin
07-30-2010, 08:08 PM
Please post a link to the page on your site that contains the problematic script so we can check it out.

gummisig
08-02-2010, 11:19 AM
we have a problem there. I'm at my clients offices in Luxembourg and we are developing the site on a local server here before launch so I can't link to it.

Is there something else I could post maybe :)

ddadmin
08-03-2010, 12:59 AM
When you see scrollbars within the carousel it typically means the script hasn't initialized properly due to a JavaScript syntax error in your initialization code for the Carousel. Can you post that portion of your page, ie:

stepcarousel.setup({
galleryid: 'mygallery', //id of carousel DIV
beltclass: 'belt', //class of inner "belt" DIV containing all the panel DIVs
panelclass: 'panel', //class of panel DIVs each holding content
autostep: {enable:true, moveby:1, pause:3000},
panelbehavior: {speed:500, wraparound:false, wrapbehavior:'slide', persist:true},
defaultbuttons: {enable: true, moveby: 1, leftnav: ['http://i34.tinypic.com/317e0s5.gif', -5, 80], rightnav: ['http://i38.tinypic.com/33o7di8.gif', -20, 80]},
statusvars: ['statusA', 'statusB', 'statusC'], //register 3 variables that contain current panel (start), current panel (last), and total panels
contenttype: ['inline'] //content setting ['inline'] or ['ajax', 'path_to_external_file']
})

gummisig
08-03-2010, 05:45 AM
HEllo Sir, I put the autostep code in the excact same place as in your example and then it works fine.

Like this:
<script type="text/javascript">

stepcarousel.setup({
galleryid: 'mygallery', //id of carousel DIV
beltclass: 'belt', //class of inner "belt" DIV containing all the panel DIVs
panelclass: 'panel', //class of panel DIVs each holding content
autostep: {enable:true, moveby:1, pause:3000},
panelbehavior: {speed:500, wraparound:false, persist:true},
defaultbuttons: {enable: false, moveby: 1, leftnav: ['arrowl.gif', -10, 100], rightnav: ['arrowr.gif', -10, 100]},
statusvars: ['statusA', 'statusB', 'statusC'], // Register 3 "status" variables
contenttype: ['inline'] // content type <--No comma following the very last parameter, always!
})

</script>

Befor I put it in the last line, my guess is that I forgot to add a , after the last statement before the autostep.

So it works now and thanks a lot.

One more question, is there a way to have it scroll on forever or backwards and forwards? Now it stops at the last panel.

ddadmin
08-03-2010, 06:59 PM
One more question, is there a way to have it scroll on forever or backwards and forwards? Now it stops at the last panel.

Unfortunately not at the moment. This is a feature that might be added the next time the script is updated.