PDA

View Full Version : Ultimate Fade-In SlideShow-Black Box instead of images on live site

marlee
07-16-2010, 05:20 AM
1) Script Title: Ultimate Fade-in Slideshow v2.4

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex14/fadeinslideshow.htm

3) Describe problem: On my computer testing this works fantastic. Uploaded to live site and just have black box instead of images in IE, FF, Chrome, Opera, and Safari. Why does it work local but not live?

I must have a conflict but don't know where to look for it. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

azoomer
07-16-2010, 06:48 AM
I suggest you post a link to the site. Otherwise it is impossible for anyone to know what is wrong.

marlee
07-16-2010, 11:15 AM
Sorry, long night. Had to replace my problem page with an alternate page but you can still get to it at www.mortoncu.com when at the home page click on the link for home. I know that is kinda like hiding it in plain sight but I am hoping most people won't click on home when they are already on home page. Again, any help would be appreciated.

jscheuer1
07-16-2010, 12:39 PM
Upper and lower case letters used in paths and filenames almost always matter on the web and almost always do not on the local machine. Here is your image array:

imagearray: [
["images/Ads/bills ad.jpg", "", "", ""],
["images/Ads/car loan ad.jpg", "", ""],
["images/ads/Mem Access.jpg"],
["images/ads/Morton Credit Union Design Ad.jpg","","",""],
["images/ads/Pocket Change Ad.jpg", "", "", ""] //<--no trailing comma after very last image element!
],

There is no folder:

images/ads/

It's:

images/Ads/

Once you fix that, none of the images are there because they all end in (in your code):

.jpg

But on the server, they all end in:

.JPG

Fix all that and:

Pocket Change Ad

is really:

Pocket Change ad

I think I got all of them.

What you need to do is either change the code in the script to reflect the actual paths and filenames for these images, and/or change the paths and filenames to reflect how these are represented in the script code.

Generally it's best to just keep everything lower case, avoids confusion. I believe some servers even enforce that. Obviously yours does not.

The easiest thing here would be to change the code to reflect the actual path and filenames:

imagearray: [
["images/Ads/bills ad.JPG", "", "", ""],
["images/Ads/car loan ad.JPG", "", ""],
["images/Ads/Mem Access.JPG"],
["images/Ads/Morton Credit Union Design Ad.JPG","","",""],
["images/Ads/Pocket Change ad.JPG", "", "", ""] //<--no trailing comma after very last image element!
],

Once again, I think I got them all.

But in the long run you would be better off sticking to lower case wherever and whenever possible.

marlee
07-18-2010, 01:15 PM
John, Thank you so much! This is fantastic. Works exactly like I want it to work thanks to you. I am learning that alot of things work differently on my computer vs live site. I do so appreciate this forum and the fact that so many knowledgeable and experienced folks are so willing to help out so many new and inexperienced folks. You make me smile!