PDA

View Full Version : Anylink css menu issues with menu dissapearing after hover off link/button

mattys
07-15-2010, 10:25 AM
1) Script Title: AnyLink CSS Menu v2.2

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex1/anylinkcss.htm

3) Describe problem:

Anylink css menu issues with menu dissapearing after hover off link/button.

Please visit this page http://www.sorcewebdesign.co.uk/sleeblackwell/for-you/buying-and-selling-your-home.html. When on this page, when you hover over 'For you' and 'For your business' you will see that a drop down appears that takes you to specific departments.

The problem is that when a colleague (remote) has tried to navigate via the drop down menu(s), when he hovers over 'For you', for example, the drop down menu appears, but, then, as soon as he moves his mouse to select a department, e.g. 'Buying and selling your home', the menu dissapears and he cannot access.

I, for the life of me, cannot recreate this, I have tested on latest IE, Firefox and Google Chrome and the menu works fine. I can test sites on older version of browsers, but it only gives me a snapshot, you can't actually test the website live on a old browser.

Now, i'm guessing the colleagues browser needs updating!

Does anyone else have this problem, or does anyone know what a fix might be!?

All help very much appreciated, a bit stuck at the mo'.

Matt

ddadmin
07-16-2010, 06:46 PM
Hmm general such an issue occurs due to one of the following reasons:

1) Calling anylinkcssmenu.init() more than once on the same page
2) The UL markup for your drop down menus contain invalid or unclosed tags.

At a glance both do not seem to apply in your case. And for me, the menu works fine in IE and FF. Do you know the exact browser/version/OS of your colleague?

mattys
07-16-2010, 08:50 PM
Thanks for the response, appreciated.

I would imagine that it is an old browser problem, prob IE, although, must be pretty old!?

It works on latest IE, Firefox and Chrome, so, pretty sure it isn't a code problem, or bug.

I will find out exactly what version of IE it is he is using.

Cheers

Matt

mattys
07-21-2010, 09:12 AM
Attached is a screen grab of the issue, ie 6