PDA

View Full Version : i need help with the floating ghost

crazyboutgin
10-31-2004, 05:08 PM
hi im new to html scripts im not sure what to do can anyone please help me
:confused:

chinchilla2
11-01-2004, 12:33 PM
Please post a link to the script in question and explain what type of help you are looking for. That might help.

ghosthunter
10-14-2006, 01:46 AM
I did everything the script says to do but placed the files and pics into my server directory but still no ghost effect showing here is a copy of the script...

Instructions for installing "Flying ghost script" to your site:
Step 1: Copy the below script into the HEAD section of your page:

<SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript" SRC="JSFX_Halloween.js">

//Flying ghosts script (By JavaScript-FX.com)
//Permission granted to Dynamic Drive to feature script in archive
//For full source, visit http://www.dynamicdrive.com

</SCRIPT>
<SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript">
function JSFX_StartEffects()
{
if (!document.all&&!document.layers)
return
JSFX.AddGhost("ghost0.gif");
JSFX.AddGhost("ghost1.gif");
JSFX.AddGhost("ghost2.gif");

JSFX.AddGhost("ghost0.gif");
JSFX.AddGhost("ghost1.gif");
JSFX.AddGhost("ghost2.gif");
}
</SCRIPT>
You can add or remove images simply by manipulating the line JSFX.AddGhost("ghost0.gif");

Step 2: Add the below onload event handler into the <BODY> tag of your page, as follows:

<BODY onLoad="JSFX_StartEffects()">
Step 3: Finally, upload the accompanying images and .js file that came with this ZIP file into your webpage directory, along with the webpage itself:

JSFX_Halloween.js
ghost0.gif
ghost1.gif
ghost2.gif

does anyone know what the problem is?

jscheuer1
10-14-2006, 07:54 AM
I did everything the script says to do but placed the files and pics into my server directory but still no ghost effect showing here is a copy of the script...

The script may be out of date. Try it with no DOCTYPE on your page. The script may be in conflict with other scripts on your page. Try it with no other scripts on a page. The files may be in the wrong place, or you could have made a mistake in the code or your HTML editor may have mangled the code. We would need a link to the problem page to diagnose these last three possibilities. It might be something else. It would be helpful (to us helping you) in general to have a link to the script's demo page here on DD as well as to your problem page.